5

"Tsubaki-san."

Tsubaki looked up from her laptop as she looked towards the door. Seeing the head maid she tilted her in confusion. "What is it?"

"Akito-san is looking for you." With that older woman left leaving a bewildered Tsubaki. Akito hardly called for her so this left Tsubaki quite shocked.

Tsubaki immediately closed her laptop as she left for Akito. Upon reaching her room, Tsubaki stood outside as she then announced her presence. "Akito, I've arrived." With the she slide the door open.

Akito was leaning on the window sill, with her eyes closed. The head of the family slowly opened her eyes as she reached out her hand.

Tsubaki closed the door behind her as she then took hold of Akito's hands. This gesture made Akito smile. "Tsubaki, do you love me?"

Tsubaki let out a sigh as she slowly got closer to Akito. "Did mother and you meet again?"

Akito nodded weakly as she also leaned towards Tsubaki and slowly embraced her. Tsubaki lowered her eyes and she held Akito back. Mother must have said something to make her feel insure again.

"My answer will never change Akito." Tsubaki said. "My love for you will be for all of eternity."

"Even if there is no bond between us?" Akito asked once again.

"Yes." Tsubaki once again replied.

Akito then stood up as she looked down on Tsubaki. Akito then cupped both her cheeks. "You cannot love anyone other than me."

Tsubaki did not reply as she simply stared the Akito whose lips slowly curled into a smile. "You can only love me, Tsubaki. You're not allowed to love Ren. You're not allowed to love any of the zodiacs. You're not allowed to love Hatori and neither are you allowed to fall in love in the future."

"You can only love me." Akito only again repeated. "Like you said for all of eternity."

Tsubaki still did not reply but from the corner of her eyes she could see a camellia which was in full bloom, behead itself.

......

Hatori first introduced her simply as his assistant, Sohma Kana... She was a cheerful person from the way she introduced herself and carried the conversation when Tsubaki first talked to her. Tsubaki didn't talk to her much after that. She never really had to... Tsubaki never really had any connection other than Akito and the Zodiacs after all.

Kana was kind. Tsubaki deduced that.

When Kana was near Hatori, his expression always softened and the way his eyes looked at her with so much love made Tsubaki sick. It was no surprise when soon Hatori walked hand in hand with Kana but this time he introduced her as his lover.

Kana was like spring who was the complete opposite of Tsubaki.

"I want to request Akito's permission to marry Kana."

Tsubaki's jaws slightly dropped in shock. Akito would never accept that!!! She knew that and wanted to shout that out loud. But the look on Hatori and the way his hands tightened around Kana's and her reciprocating the same action, ignoring the way Tsubaki's chest tightened she didn't oppose. After all this woman made Hatori happy and Hatori deserves all the happiness in their cruel world.

"I see..." Tsubaki simply said as she walked away from the couple. "Akito is the room opposite to the hall in front of the garden." She then watched them walk towards the said room.

Tsubaki walked towards the telephone and pressed some numbers. "Hello? Is this Dr. Sato?" She said, mind wandering back to couple, as she talked to a doctor who worked for the hospital belonging to the Sohma estate. "I would like you to come to Sohma's main house immediately."