one

A/N: hi, thank you all so much for reading!! this fic might contain possible triggers, so please keep an eye on the tags! they could change at any point as this story develops. i'll write them in the notes before any triggering chapters too :)

please feel free to check out the playlist associated with this fic! it's called "exposé (in order)" on spotify and my username is @elfxie <3 i highly recommend you listen to it whilst reading!!

also, if the boundaries of any cc mentioned in this fic change, it will be edited or deleted immediately! all characters are based on their online personas and not the irl streamers.

everyone in this fic is 18+ unless mentioned otherwise or is obviously younger/older. george is 19, and the rest of the feral boys are 18 :]

with that being said, please enjoy!

x-x-x-x-x

George had presented as an Omega earlier than most.

It had happened whilst he was young, far too young for anyone he grew up with to remember the whole ordeal. He'd been dozing off in class when his stomach started burning, his entire mind turning into a fog-like state as he entered his first heat. His teachers had been quick to act, calling his parents to whisk him out of the school before he could trigger any other presentations. That had been in third grade, and the rest of the year flew by as he all but trained himself into acting like a Beta.

Even as an eight-year-old, George knew the horrors that were associated with his second gender. Despite new laws against discrimination being put in place globally, or the few extra rights that Omegas were given, they were still beneath every other gender in society's eyes. Female Omegas were treated marginally better than males, but not enough to the point where George could call himself jealous.

George's parents knew the danger that his gender put him in, and quickly taught him everything he needed to know. They were nothing but supportive, even going so far as to move abroad to America where things were slightly more accepting. Unfortunately as a result of this, he was held back a year- which meant he presented a lot earlier than his new classmates. George didn't mind, though, as it gave him a completely clean slate.

At the age of nine, he started using scent-blockers, and by ten he was taking suppressants. The gold colour that took over his eyes when feeling exceptionally emotional only became a problem when he was thirteen, and so from that point forward he took to wearing a white pair of 'clout goggles'. George was determined to never be limited to just his status and worked extremely hard to ensure that it would never be found out.

The pills he took ensured that he looked and smelt like nothing. His scent was that of a default Beta, clean and neutral in the way that it wouldn't affect anyone if he got emotional. He hadn't had a heat since he started taking heat-suppressants, and so his body never really reached its full potential either. George didn't have the curves or softness that an Omega generally had, and instead was all sharp lines and pointy bones.

He pretended that his appearance didn't bother him, but sometimes he'd stare at his hips longingly in the mirror- mourning a softness that he'd probably never have.

When George started high school, he decided that he needed to stand out in a way that would ensure he wouldn't stand out. His grades were high, but not high enough to draw attention to himself. He was nice to everyone unless they gave him a reason not to be, and even then he kept his disliking under wraps. An emotional outburst was the absolute last thing he needed.

Surprisingly, he found trying to be average exhausting, but knew he had to maintain it if he wanted to keep his secret. His suppressants were good, but not good enough that they'd be able to hide him forever. It would only take one small slip of the tongue or leak of his scent before everyone would find out. The more neutral he kept his life, the smaller chance there was of it happening.