five

hi everyone!!

just a quick TW warning here! this chapter talks briefly about homophobia and a general disliking of gay people. nothing graphic is said to anyone and is only discussed fleetingly between sap and george themselves :) if this might hurt or trigger you, please skip the story from the final 'x-x-x-x-x'. it is semi-important plot-wise, but i can do a recap in the comments for anyone who needs it!

stay safe, and i love you all <3

x-x-x-x-x

The previous events left George dealing with a whirlwind of emotions throughout his next few classes.

Whilst George was by no means uncomfortable with what Dream had said, he was still in a mild state of anxiety from the whole 'almost slipping' thing. He had been way too close to giving in to his Omega. George didn't blame Dream at all for what had almost happened, as he started it by letting the taller man take off his glasses in the first place.

During his final class before lunch, he let himself get fully absorbed in his thoughts. George promptly came to the realisation that while it hadn't been Dream's fault, it was undeniable that George's attraction to him is what almost caused his reveal. The closer he got to the younger man, the likelier it was that he'd accidentally reveal himself. The thought of avoiding Dream physically hurt his heart- but he'd do what he had to do to protect himself.

It didn't help that he was wearing Dream's jacket still. Winter was swiftly approaching and it was way too cold for him to take the article of clothing off. The jacket only served as a souvenir of everything that had happened, Dream's warm scent clinging to him in a painful reminder of a love that he could never have. Even still, George couldn't stop himself from burying his nose into the soft fabric, letting the scent soothe him through greedy inhales.

George barely even registered the end of class, too lost in his own head to recognise the sound of the bell ringing in front of him. A nudge to the shoulder from an old soccer 'friend' is what eventually pulled him out of it, shaking his head quickly to dispel his thoughts. He politely smiled in greeting at his teammate before standing up, his bag clumsily whacking the small of his back as he swung it over his shoulder.

With Dream's jacket and his heavy bag weighing him down, he slowly made his way out of the classroom.

x-x-x-x-x

Lunch, as you probably could imagine, was an awkward affair.

George was the last person to arrive at their usual table thanks to the speed at which he'd left class. His friends were sat like normal, chatting and messing around as they usually were. Nothing was out of the ordinary, and that made him discreetly sigh in relief. So long as everything was the same, then everything was fine- right? Dream clearly hadn't told them about what had happened during Comp-Sci, as none of the men around him looked remotely tense or concerned.

"George!" Quackity shouted, instantly capturing everyone's attention. George instantly froze from where he'd been awkwardly standing, head snapping to face him in surprise. Quackity just raised an eyebrow at his odd behaviour, chuckling slightly as he said, "You gonna stand there like a loser for the whole of lunch? C'mon man, just sit down already."

"Shut up," George snorted back. This was familiar territory, he could handle this. He hesitantly approached their table, ignoring the holes burning into the side of his head from the intensity of his friend's stares. George looked at his normal seat beside Dream, barely holding back a wince as he realised it'd be going against what he'd thought about earlier.

It would be even worse, however, if Dream and their friends thought something was up with him and tried to pry into it.

With that in mind, George dropped down on his usual seat, making sure he was sat on the furthest edge away from Dream. He ignored the questioning glances his friends all shot each other and pretended like he didn't see the way Dream's lips turned downwards.