seven

loop 'i feel like im drowning' by two feet whilst reading ;) thank me later lmao

x-x-x-x-x

After his impromptu shopping trip with Quackity, he'd felt a million times lighter. For those few hours where they were just mindlessly messing around and hanging out like they used to, George had managed to overlook all of his current dilemmas. He hadn't forgotten them by any means, but he felt so young and carefree that the negative emotions behind them were squashed down for a while. The elation had lasted well over the weekend and into the next school week, his positive energy coming with him into his Comp-Sci class.

Sure, things were still a little shaky. It seemed like no one had forgotten George's slip-up in the cafeteria from the week prior- including Dream. No one verbally brought it up, but George could feel the sceptical looks in their eyes whenever they thought he wouldn't notice. George himself, however, decided it was best to pretend as though it had never happened.

So long as he continued putting space between himself and Dream, maybe a little more than usual thanks to the 'incident', their friendship would be fine. So long as he continued routinely taking his pills like clockwork, his secrets would stay safe. So long as he ignored his friend's questions and their suspicious glances, he'd never be found out.

It would be fine, though. George had already started planning out what colleges he wanted to apply to and where exactly he'd live. If everything went according to plan, then he'd be out of the state at the end of the year. That's what kept him going, the knowledge that someday soon he'd get out of this place and into somewhere more Omega friendly- where he could finally be himself.

Just a few more months.

George repeated those words like a mantra whenever his head became too much for him to handle, or the secrets and lies he was forced to juggle daily became too overwhelming to manage. They were his saving grace, a flimsy little chant used whenever he was falling into the deep end. They also worked to keep back his negative thoughts, to fight his inner Omega when it became too rowdy, and to help control his constantly changing emotions.

George reiterated those words to himself mentally as he entered school first thing Monday morning, desperately clinging onto the light feeling leftover from his weekend out with Quackity. Thankfully, they worked, blocking out the normal slight feeling of paranoia he got whenever he was in the building to instead replace it with a calm, happy feeling.

He hummed to himself quietly as he made his way to Comp-Sci, strolling in an uncharacteristically casual way as he weaved through the crowded hallway. Today felt as though it was going to be a good day, his leftover happiness being so strong that he felt as though he could combat anything in his way. George almost forgot he was meant to be distancing himself from Dream as he entered the classroom, his expression lighting up the minute he caught wind of the taller man.

Dream was lying face-down on his desk with his lanky arms draped uselessly beside his head, a position that George always seemed to catch him in. He wasn't even using his backpack as a pillow this time, instead letting his head rest painfully against the cold wood. George would've felt concerned if he didn't know Dream as well as he did.

"Dream!" George greeted with a cheery tone as he slid effortlessly into the seat next to him, "Good morning."

Dream lifted his head up from the table, letting out an amused, yet fond scoff at George's energetic attitude, "Morning, Georgie."

He sat up after that, yawning as he stretched his arms up above him. Dream's shirt rode up his torso at the action, and George had to forcefully stop himself from salivating at the sight of his exposed skin. It should've been illegal for him to look that good. Dream didn't do any sports clubs, hell, he didn't even go to the gym or exercise in his free time- yet he still looked fucking godly in George's eyes.