Ep. 1: The RESET

It was a beautiful day in Ebbott City. The skies were clear, the sun was bright, and there were no disputes between humans, monsters, and Mystics. Everyone got along well and treated each other fairly. This made their leaders happy. Especially since it had almost been ten years since the barrier broke meaning that the Underground Ethnicity Celebration was just one day away.

The Underground Ethnicity Celebration was first started when monsters and Mystics were released from the Underground. It allowed them as well as hybrids to celebrate their ethnicity and cultural backgrounds. Now, they had something big planned in honor of the people that made it all happen ten years ago. Frisk Dreemur, the monsters's ambassador and newly crowned queen, wanted to show her gratitude towards her monster friends as well as the Mystics and their leader. Of course, she wanted to thank the humans for being so kind and accepting of them so she prepared a speech to commemorate the events that brought peace among the three races.

As she wandered around the fairgrounds, she admired all the work being put into the Underground Ethnicity Celebration this year. It seemed as if it would be more inclusive of LGBTQ+, mental health, and other human races such as African Americans, Asian Americans, and Mexican Americans. She was glad they were willing to include other communities instead of barring them from all the fun. Wow, she thought they're really doing a good job! I hope all goes well during the celebration tomorrow.

Upon reaching the entrance of the fairgrounds, the human noticed the bright colors of the flags and banners that decorated the fences. "This year's celebration will surely be fun." she said to herself "Hopefully no one starts a riot."

"You know I might start one." said a familiar voice. Frisk looked around to find the person who spoke but to no avail. "That's just how I live my life."

She turned her attention towards the approaching unicorn as it turned into a humanoid. "If I know you, Uniqua, you'd at least do it responsibly." said Frisk "You tend to crank it past 10 and still be cautious of people's needs."

"I always put safety first even during a party." the pony said as she fist bumped her human friend. "I take it you're here to see how things are going?" Frisk asked. Although she already knew the answer, she wanted to make sure nothing else was going on. "Yeah, it's become part of my daily routine." said Uniqua. She always had to have a routine since it provided structure and order to her life. It made things easy. Both women watched as teams of humans, monsters, and Mystics built booths and decorated. Things were going smoothly and they worked together nicely. It almost seemed as if nothing could ruin the peace.

The two friends stood at the entrance and watched for some time before deciding to hang out at the park. "So, how's everything, Uni?" Frisk asked her "I noticed you haven't been available to hangout as much." The unicorn looked up from petting some animals in the park and told her. "I've just been busy with college and life." said the Mystic "I don't have a lot of time on my hooves anymore honestly. I'm still on hiatus kinda because I have many responsibilities as queen now so I can't make a lot of content or spend time with friends. I don't think I'll be able to be at the Underground Ethnicity Celebration this year." The human nodded as she understood what her friend had on her plate. But she wanted to make sure Mystics would have someone representing them. "If you can't make it, we'll talk to Mettaton and see if he can." she told Uniqua "He may be a monster but, he technically can still represent Mystics since he spends a lot of time with you. You consider him a part of the kingdom. Why not let him be an ambassador or something?"

The pony thought about this a minute. It would be a good idea to have an ambassador for Mystics at the celebration in case she couldn't make it. But she wasn't too sure about letting Mettaton have that position. "It's possible, Frisk. I think that would be a good plan." Uniqua said "I'll call him over to my place and discuss it with him. And don't go getting ideas with Alphys and Rosie. We're trying to keep things professional."