Ep. 4: Rattle My Bones!

The next room was where she had met Papyrus in the previous timeline. Frisk knew it wouldn't be easy getting him to remember unless he actually had some understanding of the timelines. The young human decided not to bring it up until later. For now, she decided to tread forward down the frosty path. Before she could exit the area, a single Snowdrake had stopped her in her tracks. The young comedian wouldn't let her pass.

Frisk looked back at how she got past them before and opened the ACT menu. She first tried to heckle the monster. Unfortunately, it didn't help much. Snowdrake only threw an insult back at her, followed by an icy attack. Frisk then tried telling a horrible ice pun. That didn't work either as the cryo monster launched another attack. Frisk finally tried to laugh. But she waited for the right time.

After another attack from Snowdrake, the young monster had told its own bad ice pun. Frisk proceeded to belt out the best laugh Snowdrake could ever hear in the Underground. A smile soon formed on their face, knowing they had proven their father wrong. Snowdrake then spared Frisk who returned the favor and earned a little bit of gold for winning. Both of them went their separate ways and hoped to meet again.

The young girl trudged ahead and soon entered the next room. At the other end of it stood Papyrus and Sans. The younger brother soon noticed the human and immediately turned to face his brother. Both skeletons went back and forth between staring at the human and each other before Papyrus spoke.

"Sans!! Oh, my God!!" he exclaimed "Is that.. A human!?!!" The taller skeleton was very enthusiastic about finding a human wandering through Snowdin Forest. It was his first encounter.

"uhhh... actually, i think that's a rock." spoke the shorter skeleton. Papyrus's face fell hearing that there was indeed a rock sitting in the middle of the path behind Frisk. "hey, what's that in front of the rock?" Sans then asked. Much to his brother's delight, it was indeed a human!

"OH MY GOD!!!" shouted Papyrus, full of excitement and even more joy. He turned to his brother and asked in a low whisper. "Is... Is that a human!?" Sans only confirmed the presence of a human and his brother became ecstatic. This was his chance to take Frisk to Undyne and King Asgore. This was his chance to join the royal guard. He turned back to face the young girl as he cleared his nonexistent throat and began explaining to her his "fool-proof" plan to capture her. Unfortunately, he had no clue what would happen after he'd brought to the capital. Yet, he was determined to do so and gain popularity.

Papyrus then took off towards the next room, belting out his signature laugh. Sans followed soon after, leaving Frisk to her own devices yet again. The child strolled past a cardboard sentry station made by Papyrus and was soon on her way to the next room. Upon entering, she heard the familiar, scratchy voice of the resident dog biscuit addict, Doggo. She completely froze on the spot, daring not to take another step past his station.

"Did something move? Was it my imagination?" he spoke as he poked his head up from behind the counter "I can only see moving things. If something was moving... For example, a human..." Frisk remained absolutely still as the dog talked about his blindness. She remembered she had to stay still to avoid taking damage. "I'll make sure it never moves again!" Doggo said as he hopped out of his post and engaged in  move an inch!"

A blue blade-like attack swept by Frisk without leaving a single wound on her. Doggo was having trouble seeing what was in front of him, leaving him open for pets or attacks. The young human pulled up the ACT menu and selected "Pet." She approached Doggo carefully and pet him softly. The canine was then launched into a panic since something that wasn't moving had just pet him. Frisk watched as he slinked back into his station and pulled out a box of assorted dog treats and a lighter. She could hear him frantically muttering about inanimate objects touching him. She picked up the gold that dropped from his pockets and stowed it safely away in hers before moving forward.