Ep. 8.5: Uniqua's Night Out

(What up, warriors! Kai here! I just wanted to get more mystic episodes out sooner to help build suspense for later episodes. This will go over some of the events and set up challenges Frisk - and maybe Uniqua and a few others - will have to face. There's also a good chance some of the themes and ideas in the mystic episodes/arc will tie back to Undertale Yellow. This is because Uniqua will have two soul traits and colors. The first is fairness, a lime green soul that is comprised of kindness and justice. This is where more UTY and Justice themes come in. The other trait is empathy, a mint green/blue soul with both patience and more kindness. Once Undertale Green is a thing, I'll find a way to tie some into Uni's soul traits and themes. Anyway, enjoy the episode, guys!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep within the cavern and into the CORE, there was a secret passage. It could only be revealed with a spell few souls know. One young mare had decided to sneak out of her kingdom using it to venture off into the world outside the walls of her home. She wandered around the CORE on her way to MTT Resort. Even if it would cause further damage to the timeline, she at least wanted to try to get someone to remember her. She wanted to catch one of Mettaton's shows again.

She had already removed her armor before leaving the palace since she had just finished her shift and didn't want to be noticed. Her dark cloak helped her hide from potential attackers. As soon as the old wooden door closed, she held up some of the fabric draped on her to her face before recasting the spell that hid the entrance. Now, Uniqua was finally ready to put her plan into action.

She'd been planning to try meeting Mettaton before Frisk reaches the Wondergrounds. This was a chance she refused to miss. As the unicorn snuck around the CORE, she hoped no monsters would see her and no mystics were following her. She swiftly hid behind nearby corners whenever she felt watched or heard footsteps. She cautiously peered around the mechanical corridors as she passed through. She did everything she could to stay out of sight.

As she moved closer to the entrance of the CORE, Uniqua could hear someone talking in the next room. She ducked behind the wall and looked into the next room. There was a group of monsters following a rectangular robot into the CORE. No one was supposed to be there unless they worked there. Uniqua listened closely to the conversation since these monsters didn't look like they belonged there. But there was one she recognized. The robot in question was Mettaton and it seemed he had some sort of plan.

"Now, that human will be passing through here tomorrow, most likely." Mettaton began, turning to the strong monsters behind him "Remember, you're looking for a female teenager in a striped sweater. Don't snatch just any teenager, though. This one is a brunette with a golden tan. That's the child you must capture."

The other monsters all nodded as a few of them took notes on the human's appearance. They agreed to the terms and decided to start their patrol immediately. Some monsters chose to take the elevator while others made their way to the next room. Uniqua quickly used a camouflage spell to blend in with the walls as they passed. She waited until they were gone to enter the room they came out of and followed Mettaton back into the hotel quietly.

She stopped just before entering the lobby to think of a plan to meet him and an explanation why she was out so late on a school night. She carefully peered inside the building, watching the robot celebrity sign autographs and take selfies with any fans that approached him. "Okay, Uni, this is it. You got this." spoke the young mare "Just go in there and talk to him. Nothing bad is gonna happen to you. You have hung out with him before. He's a safe, trustworthy dude. If he didn't hide his feelings for you last time, he won't hide them this time." She took a few minutes to go over simple greetings and conversation topics to use and breathe before setting her foot in the door.