II

The Savior

~

Saving Malachi Parker was never part of the plan.

It was never even mentioned in the plan, actually. Bonnie had come here to do one thing. Kill Kai, and keep him dead. Here, in a prison world that was not for him. If she got lucky, whatever death he had in here wouldn't effect the real world, and if she was unlucky; she didn't care.

He deserved it. He deserved every agonizing second of looking into her eyes, and watching as she dug that knife into his chest. But she didn't get the chance.

A stab in the back, just bellow the ribs, and another that she dug into his leg so he couldn't run.

The third, that was supposed to kill him.

And yet, Kai escaped. He escaped and avoided death by her hands, just like he always did.

And Kai could have changed, but so did Bonnie, and this Bonnie did not leave behind survivors. Not if they were sociopathic, witch-killing, magic-siphoning survivors, who had done far worse to her.

Kai had effectively ruined the parts of Bonnie she'd spent so long putting together. Amidst a world of vampires and magic and death—and constantly giving herself up for others—she'd been forced to pick up the pieces and make herself stronger. But Kai's prison world? She was left there, alone. Without Damon. Without magic. Without him, even.

It was torture, and he deserved to burn.

So as she rushed back to Elena and Damon to spell them back, her mind unraveled. No matter how hard she tried to keep him locked here, Kai would find a way out if he survived. He always did. With some form of power, one tiny loop hole, he would escape. And he would come for her and her friends.

At least this way, he couldn't hurt the people she loved. And this way, she could bring him down with her if she died in this prison, swearing to stay here and keep him trapped with a new spell upon her death, if she failed to kill him.

Those were always the strongest spells; the one's that were intimately woven, alongside death.

So as her eyes met his and she chanted the spell to return, she willed herself away from it, sending the trio out into the real world to deal with whatever problems her disappearance would cause. She knew they'd try to get her back, to look for her, and when that time came, maybe she'd be ready.

But truly, she only cared about one thing, even if it would become her downfall. She would kill Kai. She needed to finish that final, remaining stab. Magic siphoned away or not. No matter what it took.

She stayed, and cloaked herself. She watched Kai, as the hope left his eyes. Relished in it, loved it—soaked it in.

And when she saw the shift in his pained, hysterical laughter, his calculated mind stopping the grief and beginning to plan his next steps, she showed herself. Hearing his initial comment about her family name, she wasn't surprised, and found herself answering as he his eyes shot to her. She raised her palm at the man and willed him to sleep—to a forced vulnerability.

Even as he called her that name, the plan hardly shifted. She would not rush this death—she owed herself that much. She would make it a slow, crawling demise.

She needed to give herself time, and her friend's some time, to plan and make it as painful as it could be. Backstabbing Kai only to let him get away was not enough anymore. She needed to make him trust her again; to truly, wholly, and fearlessly believe her.

The first step, was spending however many days here keeping him in check. And alive, so she could slowly torture him when she was ready.

Mentally, of course.

And that was the plan as she helped him up with an arm around his waist first, using magic lightly as a boost, relieved that he could not siphon while magically asleep.

She could feel the caked texture of blood under his palms as they brushed against the fabric of her clothes, sighing and lugging his arm over her shoulder before dragging him inside slowly. Her motions were slow and careful. She didn't want him to bleed out, obviously.

Knowing Kai, that would be far too easy, and insulting, of a way to get rid of him.

So she placed him on the couch once inside the fire-lit home, stomach down but without much care for his comfort beyond that. She roamed into one of the many Salvatore rooms she had come to know all about, grabbing an old but still reliable set of medical supplies, and returned to him as she got to work. She didn't care for giving him painkillers, or further stunning him with magic.

She turned him to the side enough t0 unbutton his winter jacket—she knew that would be useful if they were without cars—but cut through the shirt beneath it; she couldn't be bothered to save the blood-soaked material. Leaving his back exposed when she turned him fully, she sighed and got to work on the stab wound, knowing the damage well enough that it would need to be stitched, and the leg wound had to be patched up similarly.

Despite it, it looked like the coven leader had lost a lot of blood, which meant he wouldn't wake up while she worked. Bonnie could only count her blessings, knowing the next few days, weeks, or even months trapped with Kai were going to be hellish.

Either way, he didn't have the ascendant, and neither did she. As far as he would know.

Their way out was gone, so she'd find a better way to torture Kai and his slivers of empathy. And she was sure he'd do the same with hers.

With whatever was left of it, at least.

~

So the introductory chapters are officially over!! I wanted to show a contrast between the narrative of how both characters view each other.

Next one, Kai and Bonnie will be interacting tons more. Keep reading and enjoy~!