Why do I care?

To my own amusement Tyler had every class with me except one. That was the obvious - Orchestra. We chatted animatedly on our way to the next class which was English and waited outside the door for the previous class to be dismissed.

"So you are the Cullen heir?" He asked.

I slightly nodded my head.

"Can I ask you something?" I replied.

"Of course. Anything." he grinned.

"Why are people so weird around me when they learn of my surename?"

This has been nagging at the back of my mind since the incident in the office.

He held out his hand towards me. "I want to show you something."

I looked at the time on my phone and glanced at the door nervously.

"It's okay to miss the first day in our general classes they just go over the schedule but I can email you a copy or something. I'm suscribed." He said reassuringly. The corners of his mouth turned up in a sweet manner.

Should I ditch with him or stay?

"Renesmee. I am a straight A student with a 4.5 gpa since I first started here 4 years ago I've missed every first day of class. Nothing bad ever happens I promise." He looked down at my hand and then moved a few steps closer and slid his fingers through mine.

I gasped from the shock of his touch and then looked quickly at my feet as I felt my face warm from the blush that was consuming my cheeks. I was touching a newly acquiantenced human that wasn't family for the first time in my life.

I looked sheepishly up at him and he began to lead me down the hall and away from the classroom. Once we exited the hall the bell rang signaling the beginning of class. Oh my god I can't believe I am doing this! What will my father think when he pervades my mind. Surely he wouldn't care right?

I followed him, our fingers still laced together, back through the path between the 800 and 600 building and across the cobblestone courtyard.

"See that statue?" He pointed to a large lion standing in the middle of the courtyard.

"It's the same one in the photograph in the office right?" I asked trying to confirm my memory from this morning.

Tyler nodded his head as we continued to walk to the far side of the campus where the track and field was located. "It was built around the end of September as a thank you to your parents for the school."

"What about the school?" I asked curiously. Did they donate funding for a new wing?

"Without your parents buying the school it would've been closed. All the staff and students would have no where to go."

I stopped before a metal chainlink fence and stared at him dumbfoundedly. "My parents bought the school? This school?"

Tyler nodded his head. "I thought you would know atleast this much."

"I know alot less then the average human being when it comes to my life." I whispered as evenly as I could.

I couldn't believe that they wouldn't care to inform me. I feel so embarrassed.

Without another word spoken between us Tyler bent down and pulled aside the chainlink revealing a large space for someone our size to fit through.

"After you." He grinned.

I looked at him and then hastily slipped through the hole. He followed quickly after.

We walked in silence for five minutes before we passed through a woodland. I stopped and let him lead since he knew where we were going and we continued inwards in silence. About twenty yard in he stopped.