Hidden

I sat, mesmirized by the music that played just yards away. It was an elegant symphony that beckoned me into its wonderful art creation. I could feel the pull deep inside me as if each note had burrowed themselves into my every pore. I held onto every beat and measure that was the skeleton of the harmony.

As they played the last song I was taken as lyrical dancers made their way onto the stage. Now I was torn between the music and the dancers. The music won over my ears and the dancers my eyes.

The dancers with their makeup-pale skin were dressed in beautiful costumes. They looked to be made from a thin sheer fabric but it moved like silk reminding me of the effortless dance of water. Their colors were pale and many.

I kept my uttmost attention on their movements. So elegant and precise, they moved just like my aunt Alice. If I didn't know they were forsure human I would think them vampires like my family.

Just as the final song ended the dancer in the middle did a slow pliat that ended with a gong. I was the first from my seat as I rose to give an applause. It was beautiful. I grinned as I looked sideways at my father who was clapping as well, but more sublte and proper.

When the musicians and dancers took a final bow and the curtains closed I began chattering away at my father about the music and the dance.

"There is a showing here next month that you will be playing at with the rest of the orchestra. The tickets are sold out." He winked.

If it was even possible my grin grew wider. "I want to meet the dancers." I said quickly before I turned and began making my way through the crowd.

"Renesmee!" My father called.

I ignored him and continued making my way through the crowd to the stage. Climbing up the side steps I disappeared behind the curtain and headed straight to the dressing room. Just before I could reach out for the door handle it opened.

"Hey Renesmee." It was Ethan.

My face lit up. "What are you doing here?"

He grinned and held the door back wide enough for two people to pass through. It was Gracie, holding her hand was Seth.

Gracie and Seth? I couldn't believe it. Then again, now that I thought more clearly about it I remembered that Gracie was just a human who was raised by her vampire older brother.

"Yeah I know it's crazy, vampires and werewolves playing nice together." Ethan winked at me before he turned his attention to my father who had just joined our side.

"It's nice to see you all again." My father greeted as him and Ethan shook hands.

"Yes sir, always." He grinned.

"What brings you to Seattle?" My father asked.

Ethan looked over at his sister who was sitting in the corner laughing with Seth. "Seth imprinted on my sister and my sister just started at the Ballet Academy so I'm just nearby to keep an eye on things." He smiled. "I'm just used to taking care of her, even though she's soon going to be an adult it's hard to see her as anything but the little baby I rescued all those years ago."

My father nodded his head. "Do you live by yourself?"

"Hey Ethan the car is out front its time to go." A tall burly blonde haired male said.

He had popped his head in and out quickly through the side door that led to the halls so I didn't get a good look at him.

"It's nice to hear that you are doing good." He nudged my shoulder playfully. "And it's nice to see that you aren't being reckless anymore." His tone was teasing.