Stuff And Things

I sat out on the deck of the boat watching as the island came into view. My cousin Matthew was out on the sloping lawn passing a football back and forth with his father while Penelope sat infront of her mother in the meadow braiding flowers into each others hair.

Leah was sitting near the water with Tyler. She was showing him something, pictures maybe. Every now and then I saw them laughing.

Where was Jacob?

My eyes scanned the property. My mother was with Alice and Esme in the meadow by the tree. Carlisle was reading a book on the second story balcony of the guest house where him and Esme were staying. Charlie was with Seth and Sue out at the waters edge with a couple lawn chairs and fishing pools.

As my eyes continued scanning the property I came across Jasper sitting off to the side a ways from the others. His body was in a yoga position and he seemed to be trying to relax.

That left my Jacob. Where was he?

The second the engine cut I grabbed my bag and jumped to the dock before I made my way over to my mothers side.

"You are back early." My mother pulled me into a hug.

I kissed her cheek and then took a seat beside her. Wait.... how did Alice get here so fast. She was just with us at the Orchestra. I stared at her, my eyes large.

"Don't even ask Renesmee." Alice said before she rose to her feet and skipped off in the direction of Jasper.

"That was weird." I murmered. I shrugged it off, I had other things on my mind. "Mom, where is Jacob at?"

"Last time I saw him he was in the boat house looking at spare parts and talking about rebuilding something." Esme smiled.

I rose to my feet. "Thank you gramma." I smiled before I left.

It was a short walk to the boat house. It was located behind the main house and off the left to the guest house. It's location was perfect as it gave a perfect view for the gazeebo and garden in the back.

Just like my gramma said he was there at the boat house. His back was to me as he was running his hands through the water spicket on the side of the house. Every few seconds he would bring his hands to his mouth and sip the water that collected.

I was just a few yards from him when he turned off the water and stood up. His forearm brushed along his mouth to remove the stray drops. Then he turned around. His eyes scanned across the yard and then stopped on me.

"Hey Jake." I grinned.

Very slowly the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile. I was in his arms in the next few seconds and his arms were around me. I felt secure with him.

"My Nessie."

When he released me I looked into his eyes. The deep brown sent a warmth through my body.

"So-" I crossed my arms casually at my waist. "-what are you doing here?"

He took my hand and pulled me into the boat house where a bunch of metal parts and tools were scattered about. There seemed to be what I was able to make out as a wave runner sitting, its engine was out.

"I found this-" He gestured towards the wave runner. "-and it was the only one that looked like it could be fixed so I decided to fix it."

I nodded my head and smiled as if I was really interested at the idea of fixing things. I was interested in actually talking about us.

"I've been thinking-" I sighed and walked over to the stairs that led to the loft above the boat house and sat down. "-Now that I'm an adult in your eyes."