↠Diagnosis - 044*

— D I A G N O S I S —

D I A G N O S I S —

The air felt cold. Not because of the freezing air surrounding the castle in the January month, but because of the numb feeling Sage felt in her chest, in her soul. Nothing felt right, nothing was okay. This felt like a death sentence. Is this how her mother felt? For all of those years? It was crushing.

She thought her life was just beginning, not starting to come to its' end.

Sage didn't want many others to know. Sirius was going to know, there was no doubt about it, but the others. . . even James, knowing that their time was limited now gave her a new fear. She didn't want the others to know and try to limit her, tell her she needs to relax or take it easy all the time. Sage didn't want any time wasted because of excess worry.

Jasper and Eden had returned to their classes the next day, while Sage spent many more hours sleeping once again before she was able to retain consciousness fully. By the end of that day, around dinner time, Sage was able to stand out of bed again and bring herself to the bathroom and back to bed.

Sirius was heading up to her, hoping he would finally get to see her and know what was wrong, if she was okay. And he was lucky, because there she was with Madam Pomfrey, wearing an oversized white nightgown with her hair up in a loose ponytail. Exhaustion was heavy on her features, and something else was causing a void in her eyes.

"Princess?" Sirius called out to his fiancée in a soft voice.

Both Sage and the Medi-Witch turned to face him, Sage's expression dropped from its already frown covered face.

He felt sick to his stomach. Why was she looking at him like that? Like seeing him was the worst thing that could've happened to her?

Like how his mother looked at him most time's.

"I'll. . . I'll give you two some privacy." Poppy gave them a tight smile and walked away from the two, going into her office.

"What is happening?" Sirius felt like he was shaking. Why was this making him feel like a child? So completely out of control of everything around him.

"I. . . I'm so sorry. I know you've been so worried-"

"Jasper won't tell me what's going on and neither will Eden. Are you okay? Princess, I need you to be honest with me, please." Sage felt heartbroken just looking at him, his dark grey eyes held a reflection of confusion and hopelessness.

"I can show you the papers, it has everything on them." She turned and walked next to where her bed was, grabbing the stack of medical paperwork with all of her information.