↠A House Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand - 018

"Jasper!" Sage was running after her brother who furiously stomping away from her. "Jasper! I didn't have a choice!" The blond-haired male quickly turned around to face his sister, his face was red. "You always have a choice, Sage, and made this one. I had friends there! People I considered family! And you didn't hesitate to take me away from them!" Four boys stared at the siblings as the had their screaming match. James Potter, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and Sirius Black.

"Alright, since you're the almighty, the next time this psychotic self-proclaimed Lord threatens our family and MY country again, I'll let you handle it," Sage stood straight up, her voice was sharp, and her words held a sense of deep hatred when describing 'Lord' Voldemort. Jasper only huffed and walked out of the room. Sage covered her face and sighed deeply. She knew her decision would upset him, but it was for his life, and she was willing to do anything to keep her family safe.

Almost coming to tears, Remus walked up to his close friend and put his hand on her back. "It's okay, Sage... You made the right choice," The young queen laughed bitterly. "Not according to the boy whose life is being threatened," The boys all looked at her in pity. None of them have ever been in this situation, so none of them really know how to comfort her.

Walking over to Sage's small makeshift living room, her long black dress puffed from her flopping onto the loveseat. Trying to change the topic, she suddenly looked at Sirius. "Is your room comfortable? If not I can arrange for a new one," Less than a week ago Sirius sent Sage a letter telling her that he was running away, and Sage, not able to help herself, offered him a room in her large home. "Princess, I'm sleeping in a fucking castle because my best friend is the Queen of England and I ran away from home. I think my bedroom is just fine." Sirius was laughing.

Sage couldn't tell if he was laughing at her words or his own, but she didn't say anything because she loved hearing his laugh. Sirius' light and happy attitude made her smile gently. She hadn't seen him this happy in a long time. The others in the room could see the way she looked at him. It's the same way she's looked at him since their first year. It made the others boy's jealous, they would all admit it too. It seemed like fate for the two to meet, and their destiny to fall in love.

"Sage?" A small girl with light blonde called out quickly to her older sister. "What is Jasper upset?" Eden questioned. Sage looked annoyed at the mention of her younger brother. "Dumbledore offered him a spot in Hogwarts, and for his safety, I took it," Eden nodded her head. "Is he in his room?" Sage asked Eden. The 11-year-old nodded her head swiftly.

After Eden left Sage to her friend's company. Sage looked defeated as she covered her face once again. "I just don't understand why, just for once, Jasper won't listen to me. He knows what that madman is capable of," The boy's were quiet, they didn't know how to comfort her. Suddenly, Sirius stood up and start walking out. Sage quickly stood up to follow him.

"Where are you going?" Sage was practically racing after the tall boy with dark hair. "To tell that your little brother what's really going on in the world right now." Sirius turned a corner and came to face a large door. "Jasper, it's Sirus, can you open up the door? I want to talk to you,"

ーーー

It was close to midnight, three boys were in separate bedrooms and sound asleep. In fact, everyone in the castle was sleeping. Except for two. Queen Sage was pacing her bedroom floor as her close runaway friend watched her with a confused stare. "What's bothering you, Princess?" Sirius' voice was raspy and tired. Sage' white nightdress flared out behind her as she walked towards him. "What did you tell my brother?" Sage was playing with her fingers, avoiding Sirius gaze.

"Is this really what you've been stressed out about?" Sage nodded and looked up at him innocently. Sirius sighed and patted the space next to him on Sage's bed so she'd sit. After she got comfortable next to the dark haired boy, he started talking. "I told him what was really happening. About Lord Voldemort, how he's rising to power, how he's killed over 30 English, 11 Scottish, and 15 Irish Muggles. And the reason I came here was because of my family and how they practically worship the ground he walks on the air he breathes," Sage looked a little shocked at his words.

After a brief moment of gapping at his words, Sage started laughing. Sirius looked up at her questioningly. "I thought you fought him. We all did," Sirius began laughing with Sage. "Hurting him would hurt you, and I never want to do that again," Sirius sounded genuine with his words. Sage laughter seemed to end and she started playing with Sirius' dark locks of hair. "I trust that you won't," The two seemed content with their position.

Sirius wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his head on her side. "Sirius!" Sage was giggling at the boy, who was now tickling her, "Stop it! I'm serious!" She was trying to get out of his grip. "No, I'm Sirius" Sirius was laughing at her own joke. "I hate you!" Sage yelled when she finally got off the bed. She was running around her bedroom and giggling as he chased her.

After a few minutes of running, Sirius managed to reach Sage and grabbed her while smiling. "Nice try, Princess," He sang as he picked her up and spun her in his arms. Sage looked euphoric when she looked at Sirius. This was the boy who stole her first kiss, he's her first love, and first heartbreak. And now Sage is back his arms, and she couldn't be happier. "Do you plan on coming back here for the holidays?" Sage whispered as she looked down into his eyes.

Sirius, who was still holding her up, smirked at her, "Well If my Queen demands it, I must." Her set her back on her feet and kept his arms on her sides. "I will happily make that demand," Sage put her hand and his cheeks and rubbed soft circles with her thumbs.

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving! I know some people who read this story aren't American, but to those of you who are, I hope you all fill your belly happily with family and friends!