↠The Fall Of A King - 034

—T H E  F A L L  O F  A  K I N G—

—T H E F A L L O F A K I N G—

Sage stood in front of the window of the dorm she shared with Lily and Alice, holding a letter in her hand. Lily, who had just woke up only a few minutes ago and was still laying in bed, rolled over and spoke to Sage. "What happened?" Her voice was raspy. "The King of Spain has fallen ill. They don't how much longer he has."

Sage played with the fabric on her skirt. "I thought you didn't like the Spanish Royal family? Why are you so upset?" Lily sat up, her weight on her arms as she used them to push herself up. "The next in line is giving up his position so his son may reign, and my father and advisers think I should marry the next King of Spain."

———

"Sage! Sage, listen to me!" Lily chased after her. Only a few students had wandered the halls. It was the first Saturday of the school year, and many first-year students rejoiced in their time off. "Lily, I can handle this, okay?" Sage told as she walked faster towards McGonagall's office. "Well, what are you going to do?" Lily stopped dead in her tracks and questioned. "I need advice, and then maybe a nice and calm conversation with my boyfriend." Sage stopped too and turned around.

"Lily, I don't what to do about this. So, please, don't fret," Sage begs her best female friend before turning around and heading for the headmistress office. Lily just stood there. She wasn't sure what to do. Should she tell James and Sirius? They know the most about Sage's political career, not to mention that Sirius was her boyfriend whom she lives with.

"Bloody fucking hell." Lily rubbed her face with her hands in frustration. She was going to talk to James.

———

Lily rushed into the commons room and looked over for her male friends. "Remus! Remus, I need you to get James!" The redhead practically jumped towards him. "Wha- Lily what's wrong?" Remus, who was quite honestly half-awake and trying to read a book, jumped out of his seat with a look of pure concern. "Just, please, go get James, it's about Sage,  something happened," Lily pleaded with him.

Remus nodded quickly and quickly went up to the boy's commons room before stopping and turning back, "Should I get Sirius too?" He asked her. "I- Yeah, sure, please?" Lily stuttered, not knowing what to do. Remus turned and continued up.

It only took a matter of 2 minutes for the three boys to come down, James and Sirius still in their pajamas but completely awake. "What happened?" Sirius was the first to ask. "The King of Spain is sick, according to Sage they don't know how much longer he has," Lily said at a fast pace, playing with her fingers nervously.

"What does this have to do with Sage, Lils?" James responses with utter confusion, Remus looking confused too. "Prince Tomas is giving up his spot for his son to take the throne. Sage's... Advisers and her father... They all think Sage should wed the next King of Spain."