8. MENACING PARTY

Kavin returned to his house & directly went to his room. He was continuously thinking about the man but he wasn't getting any idea about him. He just got to know through the maids that the man already left India & returned back from where he came.

When Kavin came outside of Purvi's house, he saw 2 maids talking about an argument that happened between the man & Purvi. One of the maids said, the man left being angry on Purvi.

Hearing the maids' talk, Kavin kept continuously thinking of the relationship between the man & Purvi. Many days passed like this but Kavin didn't get any clue. So, he tried to distract himself through office work.

KAVIN'S CABIN :

Kavin was so busy working on some files when Ramesh knocked on the cabin's door & asked for Kavin's permission to enter. Ramesh entered inside and gave an envelope to Kavin & left from there.

Kavin wondered what it was & opened it. It has a letter, so Kavin opened the letter & read whatever is written in it.

"Hamari beti ki shaadi tay hone ki khushi mei ek bada party rakha hai aur aapko is party mei aana hi padega aur koi bahana nahi chalega.."

Kavin (pov) : Yeh kaisa ajeeb sa letter hai..? Agar invitation dena tha tho sahi se dete.. Yeh kis tarah ki ajeeb sa invitation hai..? Vaise hai kiska yeh invitation card..?

Kavin checks the whole letter but he didn't find any name. But he only saw the venue & time written on it.

"Parso raat 9:30 baje Neelam Mahal ke garden mei pahuncho.."

Kavin : Yeh shaadi ki invitation de rahe hai ya kisi dost ko casually bula rahe hai..?

After 2 days, Kavin reaches there at the mentioned time. He went inside the garden & saw people celebrating masquerade party.

Kavin (pov) : Kamaal hai.. Mujhe tho shaadi mei bulaya gaya hai.. Magar yaha tho masquerade party chal raha hai.. Mujhe yaha se vaapis jaana chahiye..

So Kavin was about to leave from there when a lady comes near him & stops him. The lady smiles mysteriously, takes Kavin's hand & drags him inside the party. Kavin was given a special mask which has a horse design on it.

Everyone seems to be enjoying the party, so Kavin relaxed a bit. He sat on the sofa, drinking an orange juice. A young girl came near Kavin, she seems to be pretty but her mask covered her full face. She sat beside Kavin but he felt very uncomfortable.

She smiled mysteriously at him, slid down her index finger on his face from forehead to chin making him feel more uncomfortable. The lady who dragged Kavin into the party also came there & clapped twice.

Everyone came near Kavin along with the 2 women. They took off their knives they hid in their clothes. Everyone there smiled mysteriously while Kavin was in a speechless state.

He was scared & wanted to escape from there. But there seems to be no way for his escape. Everyone came near him holding their knife & everyone's lips told that they were angry on Kavin for some reason.

Kavin (scared) : De--Dekhiye.. Maine aap logon ka kya bigada hai..? Aap log mujhe maarne ke peeche kyun pade hai..?

The pretty girl went behind the sofa & kept a knife on Kavin's neck. The lady gave him a drink & signalled Kavin to drink it. He was scared but he has no other option. So, he drank it quietly.

Suddenly, the lights went off making Kavin hell scared to death. On one side, he drank some unknown substance, on other side, a knife was on his neck & now the lights went off not guaranteeing his life.

Kavin (mind) : Kavin, tumne police ka no. dial kar diya na ab call karle chupke se.. Andhere mei hi sahi..

The pretty girl kept the knife on Kavin's neck & if he moves even a bit, his artery can get cut & he can die any moment. Even the thought of his death made him shiver. So he couldn't call anyone for help.

Kavin (mind) : Kaash, maine kisi ko bataya hota ghar pe.. Meri baat hi nahi ho paayi in 2 dinon mei kisi se.. Ab mujhe ghar ki bahut yaad aa rahi hai.. Aur upar se yeh tho ladkiya hai haath bhi nahi utha sakta..

Suddenly, a perfume hit his nose. He was mesmerized with the smell of that perfume. It made his mind calm. He opened his eyes & saw that the lights came back.

Kavin was shocked to see the scenario infront of him. The knife on his neck was also removed. He relieved a bit & inhaled. He turned & saw that the pretty girl dropped the knife. The police took the people of the whole masquerade party except Kavin.

Kavin saw everyone's face in the police station but he wasn't familiar with anyone. So he went back to his house to take rest. The cops already wrote a FIR on the masquerade party people.

___________________________________________________

Menace : Dangerous