-Part 11-

The way you've been treating me it's getting out of hand and you walk around like you're so innocent.
Cold blooded-Khalid
________________________

"You sure they won't find us here?" I mumbled looking down at the plate full of food laying before me, he stood by the window peeking outside before shutting it and looking back at me shaking his head.

"Don't worry about that we're safe now eat" he sat next to me pushing the plate closer to me.

I wasn't hungry, I hadn't been hungry over the past few days we've been here it's gotten to the point where he has to sit with me and watch me take every bite.

I was just scared, what if they came and took me, what if they came and took Harry?

He's more a stranger to me than anything but we were together in this, he got dragged in this because of me.

I'm assuming he had a good life before all of this selling drugs making good money he always seemed pretty happy.

"Adley eat" he reminded me once more, I sighed picking up the fork and bringing the first bite in.

He sighed in relief as he sat back.

We were on my bed, he brought up some really good food he made, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and some chocolate cake on the side. There was no noice just my fork hitting the plate every now and then.

"But what if-"

"Tell you what" he cut me off now plopping up to sit right in front of me, legs crossed over the other as he looked down at me with excitement in his face.

"What?" I picked at the chicken not really feeling an appetite.

"We're stuck here for another five months let's have some fun, create a routine...let's blend in" is he crazy? If we're seen out there were definitely gonna die.

"Just in the property, we don't have to go out there if you don't want to yeah?" I shrugged

"I don't know I really don't wanna go out" I set my fork down making it fall over the mashed potatoes which were actually pretty good.

"If we sit all depressed inside we make no progress, why don't we get in shape so when the time comes it comes in handy?" He put his hands in a fists as if he was gonna punch someone

"You wanna train?" He nodded smiling down at me, I hadn't even realized he had picked up my fork and cleaned it off before putting it back in my hand.

"Okay" I nodded, his grin only grew.

"Good but you have to understand Adley that we have to take this very seriously okay? Now eat because we start tomorrow at 5am!" He quickly stood and ran out the room.

I looked down at the half eaten plate knowing that Harry was a very determined person and if we're were gonna do this I had to catch up to him.

And with a very nonexistent appetite I devoured the food with determination because our lives were on the line and there was no time for being depressed.

Damn tomorrow at 5am?
______

One, two, three months flew by...and it wasn't getting any easier.

We lived peacefully side by side, Harry waking me up at 4am, we'd go for 3 mile runs around the neighborhood eventually feeling comfortable enough to go to the nearby park, we ordered equipment through Amazon as we didn't feel comfortable enough to go out an about in the nearby mall, set up our own little private gym in the basement.

We spent all 24 hours of the day together, eating, working out, watching movies, sleeping.

We became more comfortable in each others company, got to know each other enough.

Although I still didn't know much about his personal life before all of this I never pressured him not because I didn't care but because I just didn't wanna invade him, he guarded his personal space and life I didn't wanna ruin that.

We'd be in bed by 8pm, we created a routine, a plan for everything.

Turns out he knew more than I thought, knock me down before I could even throw my first punch, maybe it was the height difference him being 6 feet and I only standing in about 5'3 feet or maybe it was the weight although he was a fairly skinny guy.

He outran me but I pushed through.

He was nice to be around overall.

We'd be at the grocery store every Sunday preferably early morning or late nights only when it wasn't crowned much but everyone seemed nice, the neighbors seemed nice up until they asked why we hid too much and asked too many personal questions, Harry being the king of dodging questions without really answering them saved me several times.

We carried fake wedding rings for anyone that asked what were we doing here, newly married couple starting a new life and hopefully a family.

How typical but they all fell for it.

Harry even got us matching shoes so we'd pass as that weird couple always matching but I knew Harry secretly liked it.

He liked shopping and making us match.

It was in his nature.

We'd grown so accustomed to living in each others company in only three months, accustomed to being alone in this big house, we didn't even know what to do with the extra spare rooms, accustomed to the routine we made up to not feel so depressed.

My father passed, and he couldn't talk to his family fearing that they'd go after them too.

He said it was better off them knowing he was dead than alive and being chased down by not only cops and the fbi but by those other people my dad made mad.

We were scared.

Terrified of what waited for us once we left this place, thankfully they haven't found us.

Yet.