-Part 9-

How would you feel if I had you?
Trust me, you would be mad too
-COFFEE BEAN by Travis Scott
____________________________________

I heard Harry's loud footsteps coming back till he burst through the door.

We both looked at each other before we got all our things quickly and bolted to the door.

"The neighbors called the cops" he whispered as we stepped out the house, I placed the key in my back pocket, I handed the key to the car to Harry as he guided me down to the house with the blue mailbox

I heard the sirens edging closer, both our hearts were ready to fall out our asses as we speed walked to the car, I finally spotted it and ran to it as the sirens got louder and louder.

"Shit now we have to wait for the guy" I cursed as he turned the car on, we rolled down the back right window and placed our bags in the area beneath my legs.

It was dark out, barely 6pm but it felt as if it were 10 but I told Harry not to turn the car lights on. We sat in silence with out hearts racing like maniacs as we saw the familiar red and blue lights approaching us fast.

Finally I heard a door open and shut and I turned to my right and sure as hell there was a man with khakis and a blue polo shirt on.

I looked over at Harry but he was looking at the man too. I bit my lip and put my seatbelt on.

The sirens so loud almost as if they were right besides us. The man dropped the envelope inside just as the cops past us but they didn't stop, they kept coming till their sirens were only heard in the distance.

We stayed in our seats breathing heavily till we realized we were holding hands tightly.

We both sighed in relief and we turned around to see the man gone, Harry rolled up the car window and grabbed the envelope, opening it and reading the address.

"Where to?" I ask, he looked at me and bit his lip.

"Palmer Woods, Detroit" he mumbled

I frowned

"How long will it take us to get there?" I asked sitting back in my seat, this new car was pretty.

"Four hours give or take" he then sat back and put his seat belt on, turned the car lights on and looked over at me just as I stared back at him with worry.

His hand was placed on my upper thigh, I didn't mind it.

"Hey it's gonna be alright" he gave me a slight smile, it seemed real. I didn't say a thing as I placed my hand on top of his letting him know that it was okay.

He then took off.
________________________________

8pm and she was sound asleep in her seat, I hummed to the unknown song playing on the radio as I drove through the freeway with seemingly almost no cars here next to me.

I really hope this new place is safe for her.

I really hope this all works out.

I just really hope everything turns out okay.

Slowly she stirred awake but only stared out the windows, I took small glances at her then back at the road repeatedly.

"Are you hungry?" I asked grabbing her hand and kept it intertwined with mine. She turned to look at me before nodding and humming softly.

"Words Adley, I need words" I spoke loudly breaking the silence, she jumped and glared at me before taking her hand out my grip.

"Yes" he voice was just above a whisper as she turned back towards the window and closed her eyes, she wasn't sleeping but she tried.

"What would you like?" I asked

"A burger" she mumbled, I smiled because I was in a mood for a burger too.

"McDonald's?" I asked, her head snapped towards me and nodded

"Yes please" she smiled a light smile and it was the first smile I'd seen from her in a while.

I smiled back and got out the next exit quickly finding a McDonald's and going through the drive through

"I want four mchickens, and iced caramel latte, two large fries, six piece chicken nuggets with ranch please, and a Oreo mcflurry" she spoke to the woman taking her order then back at me

"What about you?" She asked, I looked through the menu

"Can I have two more mchickens, a mango smoothie, a cheeseburger and a water please?" The lady took our order

"Rookie shit" I heard Adley mumble, I chuckle and shake my head as I handed the lady the money

Soon enough we had our food

"Can we park and eat?" She asked, I nodded and parked before turning the car off and the interior lights on, we both put our seats back as we each handed each other our food.

And we sat in silence as we ate, no awkward but comfortable. I looked over at her and sure enough she was devouring every little thing she ordered damn.

I minded my own business and stole her fries.

"Hey you didn't ask for some" she frowned, I shrugged

"Too bad" I winked as she rolled her eyes but kept eating

"Have you been to Detroit before?" She asked, I shook my head no

"Me either but they say it's pretty calm over there" she mumbled as she dumped her trash in an empty back, she munched on her chicken nuggets next, I stole one

"Heyy that's rude" she frowned again, I shrugged
They're not bad

We sat there for approximately an hour before I let out a sigh and sat bag feeling tired and full

"Want me to drive?" She asked, I looked over at her and she looked fine

"No I'm fine there's only two hours to go I can make it" I smiled, she shook her head

"Cmon all I've done is sleep while you've driving, let me drive, you can sleep on the way there just put the gps on for me" she pleaded and honestly I couldn't say no, I was tired beyond belief and just wanted a little bit of sleep.

"Okay" I huffed and proceeded to put the gps on for her before we quickly switched.

"Be careful and wake me up if anything happens" I warned, she only rolled her eyes and adjusted her seat.

Soon I dozed off with her humming and the distant sound of the radio playing beyonce.

Sorry for any mistakes, I hope you like it.