˗ˏˋ 22 ˎˊ˗

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

ιт ѕтαятѕ тσ∂αу

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ ━━━ ˖◛⁺- ✧˖*°࿐

━━ trigger warning! this chapter talks 

about physical abuse

"Hello?" Miseon questioned as she walked into what seemed to be a locker room. Not noticing a rather upset Suho walking away as she closed the door behind her before she sat down on one of the benches.

"Hello, Miseon," a familiar voice reverberated through the phone. "I hope you've been well."

The brunette paled as she felt her heart stop, her blood running cold. Why was he calling her?

"What do you want?" She harshly asked, anger bubbling inside her.

"Can't I check up on my daughter?"

"You lost that privilege long ago," Miseon gritted as she clutched her purse tightly, her knuckles turning white.

"That's no way to talk to your father," Kim Dowon jeered, causing the petite girl's temper to rise.

"You were never my father, and don't you dare ever call me again. Do I make myself clear?"

"Kim Miseon-" He started angrily before she hung up, immediately blocking the number. Shoving her phone in her bag, the brunette placed her head in her palms, quickly blinking away tears as she felt a lump form in her throat. Why couldn't he just leave her alone? What was the point in all of this?

"Sunshine?" A deep voice broke the silence, causing Miseon to glance up, her watery eyes meeting his sharp ones. "What's wrong?"

She tried to speak but was choked with tears as Seojun sat next to her, pulling her into a hug as he patted her head soothingly, cooing at her softly. His heart shattered as she was racked by her sobs, feeling her shake in his arms. What happened to her to be in this state?

A few minutes passed before Miseon stopped crying, only sniffing here and there. Seojun gently pulled her away as his finger gingerly moved her hair away from her eyes. Sadness filled the pit of his stomach as he held her tear-stained face in his hands. He was going to beat up whoever did this to her.

"What happened?" He questioned tenderly as he tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear before he held her hands, squeezing them slightly.

"It's my father," the Kim girl finally revealed, her eyes welling up in tears once again as she cast her gaze down, focusing on their interlocked hands.

"You don't have to talk about it."

"It's okay. I don't mind telling you," Miseon said as she sniffled, looking up at Seojun with a small smile. Breathing in deeply, the brunette squeezed Seojun's hand as she closed her eyes. "My father, Kim Dowon, owns a well-known company in the food industry. He always valued his work over his family, rarely around and when he was at home, he would either be in his office or constantly be on the phone. He never mistreated my mother or me, he just ignored our existence. I didn't mind it at all, to be honest, I had my mom and that's all I really needed, but everything changed the day I caught him cheating on my mom."

Seojun's eyes widened as he listened intently. A bad feeling rose in him before he rubbed his thumb over her knuckles comfortingly, waiting for her to continue.

"I saw the messages on his phone and I just couldn't believe it. All this time when he was out for 'work', he was actually meeting another woman. I felt betrayed, hurt, angry. How could he do this? I couldn't just sit there and do nothing, but before I had the chance to put his phone away, he walked in and saw me..." Miseon trailed off before she winced, lowering her voice as the painful memories resurfaced. "He started physically abusing me from that day."

The Han boy felt something break inside of him as he looked at the haunting shadows of beatings on Miseon's heart. The knowledge that her father was capable of doing such a thing angered him.

The Kim girl opened her tear-filled eyes as she stared at the handsome boy in front of her. No one but her mother and her aunt knew about it, and Miseon had tried her best to pretend as if it had never happened. Sadly, the trauma she had gone through remained for longer than she had hoped.

"He did that so I'd be scared to tell my mom, but fortunately, before it got any worse, I managed to tell her and she sent me away to Busan to live with my aunt while she divorced him," the petite girl explained as she mindlessly fiddled with Seojun's fingers. "I actually wasn't supposed to come back to Seoul, but my mom was in the hospital and she was gonna have her transplant, so I convinced her to let me. It had been almost a year since the incident, anyway. I didn't think he would try to contact me again."

Silence surrounded the pair before Seojun pulled her into his arms, hugging the shorter girl tightly. Emotions were swirling rapidly in him as he thought about what his pretty girl went through. Who could hurt such a kind and innocent soul? It made him sick. Gently pulling her away, the Han boy's intense gaze met hers.

"Whatever happens, I'm here for you," Seojun stated as he held her hands again. "I'll protect you, okay? You don't need to face this alone anymore."

Miseon's eyes filled with tears once more as she beamed up at the boy in front of her. It was odd for her to feel so comfortable telling someone else about her past, to give her trust so easily. Maybe it was the way he smiled at her, like a warm blanket that engulfed her, protecting her from all her pains and fears, or maybe it was the way he always listened to her when she needed someone to talk to. It was like he was absorbing every word she spoke, and Miseon's heart skipped a beat at the thought of how lucky she was to have met him.

"You'll be late for the tournament," the brunette softly said after a few minutes of silence, the two too lost into each other's eyes, neither of them wanting to break it by looking away. "You better go. I'll see you there soon."

"Okay," Seojun whispered as he reluctantly stood up, releasing her hands. Miseon laughed as he dramatically walked towards the door before she rose up herself and pushed him out of the locker room. The tall boy sent her a cheeky smile before she closed the door, placing a hand over her beating heart.

'I'm gonna be okay,' Miseon reassured herself before she walked out of the locker room, making her way towards the gymnasium, a warm feeling fluttering in her chest.