3. Born Perfect

― Theo ―

Theo

I WAS SO going to be late again.

I really thought I left behind this bad habit when I graduated high school. Turns out I really haven't changed much, considering I'm currently running across my room shoving things into my gym bag.

If I was a cartoon, I would have those cool running effects behind me. Of course, in reality, the only thing behind me was one of my weights I left haphazardly on the ground.

Which of course I had to trip on and inevitably tumbled ass first onto the ground. Wincing, I shoved my feet into converse, grabbed my gym bag, and hauled ass downstairs.

The only thing in my sights right now was making it into the kitchen and grabbing my heavenly coffee. I poured it into my thermos and ignored the shattering sound of a glass breaking in the background.

I allowed myself to spare a single glance at what possible mess my siblings could have achieved in the ten minutes I left them alone to take a shower.

I should have spared myself the stress as they never failed to surprise me on how much damage they can do in ten minutes.

"No, you idiot. I told you to pour the cup of flour into the bowl! Not drop the cup and flour all over the floor," Riley exclaimed.

I watched Riley and Julian hover over a bowl of what I think is supposed to be cake batter. Although, it seems most of it was on the floor rather than the bowl.

"No shit Riley. I really meant to do that. It's not my fault somebody knocked it out of my hands."

"Yeah keep talking and I'll knock out your teeth next."

I took a big gulp of my coffee, the warmth nearly burning off my tastebuds. I couldn't even bother to form words. I picked up my coffee and tiptoed like I was a fucking ballerina to avoid the batter all over the floor.

I passed Rey who was spread out on the leather couch with a bowl of caramel popcorn resting on our dog's stomach as they silently watched a concerning amount of Criminal Minds on the TV.

"Yo Rey. I'm heading in for my shift. Can you please watch tweedle dee and tweedle dum over there? Make sure they don't burn anything down." I hastily said as I blocked his view of the TV.

Rey only nodded, inching his head to the side to continue watching. Loki — our overweight husky let a low whine when I continued to block their view.

Even the damn dog is addicted to the show.

"Rey, did you hear me?"

"Yeah yeah don't worry Theo. Watch the little devils. Make sure the kitchen doesn't burn down. I got it."

I sighed pinching my nose. "I better not get a call from the fire department Rey."

I turned around and silently cursed that I was already thirty minutes late. I peeked my head into the kitchen as the twins were still arguing. This time Julian was pointing a spatula at Riley as she gave him an unimpressed stare. "You two. Behave and don't break anything else," I pleaded.