11. Laxatives In Your Gatorade

— Theo —

Theo

STEPPING OUT OF that narrow but endlessly gloomy hallway, I had prepared a list of priorities and even attempted to plan out my looming conversation with Riley in an effort to save both of us the headache.

Yet coming out of that hallway and directly making eye contact with Riley across the room had tossed every planned scenario out of my head and instead filled it with empty mindlessness.

Even if we all shared the same eyes, I always thought that Riley's was the most breathtaking. They were a swirling storm of ocean blue and emerald green. They were unearthly, the clashing of raging waves against the shore.

Paired with her discoloured bruise, she was a force to be reckoned with. Her thick wispy hair was pulled back behind her ears, revealing her pierced ears. She stood poised with her arms crossed across her delicate frame in a deadly stance.

Currently, her eyes shone with deep hostility as she met my own reprimanding glare, challenging her to speak up first. She continued to hold my stare, a flare of nostrils indicated that she wasn't planning on backing down.

However, we were interrupted by loud footfalls accompanied by the echoing crunching of chips. Moments later, Julian skipped into the waiting room with widened eyes when he saw my own disapproving gaze.

He paused munching on his chips and coughed sheepishly. His emotionless face earlier was now replaced with a cheerful brightness that reflected his dimpled smile and rosy cheeks. His skipping had allowed his dark curly locks to messily flop down.

His tanned fingers rested protectively around his bag of chips as he shot me a bright smile, revealing his perfect white teeth. There was no trace of the scowling boy and it truly scared me how quickly he could switch facades.

"Please tell me you did not just skip class," I sighed wearily.

Julian approached me apprehensively as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Well-huh you see...there's a valid reason I'm here, really you have to believe me," he exclaimed while I just rose an unimpressed eyebrow.

Next to me, Riley only snorted disbelievingly. Her cold expression had smoothed into one of a relaxed look as she eyed Julian with a relieved posture.

"Okay, so I don't have a reason," he declared as he stuck his tongue out at Riley.

"But I figured if Riley got detention, why not get one too so we can spend the day together. Besides, I get to skip french class," he reasoned with hopeful eyes.

I only let out an exasperated groan while Riley facepalmed with a small smile on her curved lips.

"Well, she's not getting detention doofus. Smart plan you had," I said with amusement.