P A R T F I V E

//What's a gemini?//

Warnings: None.

     GEN LAYS ON HER BED thinking about the situation that just went down

     GEN LAYS ON HER BED thinking about the situation that just went down. She hears a knock at the door. "Come in!" She groans, rolling over to her back. Rafe walks in, she sighs and sits up. "Where's Top?" She asks. 

"He went to grab food. Don't worry, I told him no sea food." Rafe says. Gen smiles. Rafe sits next to her and they both lean back against her headboard. "Why are you smiling?"

"You remembered I don't like seafood." She chuckles.

"Yeah. Which is fucking weird, because we literally live on a beach. Everyone eats fuckin' sea food, Gen." Rafe says.

"There he is!" They both laugh. "I'm sorry that you had to see that. I didn't except it to go down like that." Gen sighs.

"Are you kidding? That was nothing." Rafe assures. "I've seen WAY worse." Rafe shrugs.

"And... what Morgan said isn't true. And what Luka said. I don't get jealous when you talk to girls. And I definitely didn't break up with Luka for you. I mean that's crazy. I don't like you like that. You know that...right?" Gen says. Rafe nods.  

"Yeah, obviously. That'd be crazy." He awkwardly laughs. Gen nods. "I'm still hot though, right?" He asks. Gen playfully rolls her eyes.

"Yes, Rafe. You're so hot." Gen jokes. They both laugh.

"So.. what's a gemini?" Rafe asks. Gen laughs. "I'm serious..?"

"Oh. Oh god." Gen says.

     "Alright, so I'm a scorpio

     "Alright, so I'm a scorpio. You're a taurus. And Topper is a what?" Rafe asks.

"Topper is a leo." Gen reminds him. 

"Alright. Got it." Rafe nods. Gen laughs. "What?" He asks.

"You look so concentrated, Rafey. Calm down." She laughs.'

"Rafey." Rafe whispers to himself. "That's new." He grins. Gen smiles.

"Where the hell is Topper?" Gen asks. "I thought he went to get food?" She says.

"Oh, I lied. I just wanted you to cheer up so you'll talk to me. He went home. I told him i'd talk to you." Rafe shrugs. Gen chuckles.

"Wow, love that." She says sarcastically. They both nod. They both sit their for a minute. "Rafe?" She says. Rafe looks up at her. "I lied too." She says. 

"About what?" Rafe asks. Gen takes a deep breathe. 

"Well... I did get jealous when you flirted with Morgan. But I don't like, like you or anything." Gen shrugs. Rafe narrows his eyes.

"How- But you- Okay, alright." Rafe sighs. 

"Okay. I liked you. When I was friends with Sarah in middle school, I went over to your guys' house. I was 13 and you were 15. You know like the hot older brother? And then I had a crush on you til freshman year. I gave up cause you never noticed me. So I decided to start hating you, and I did. And you noticed me, but not in the way I wanted." Gen goes on. Rafe just sits there. "But now you're a really good friend, and I don't wanna ruin anything." She sighs. 

"Gen, it's okay. I'm obviously hot, I get it. But you should've just told me instead of deciding to hate me. Being a dick was a lot of work." Rafe sighs. Gen laughs. 

"That's all you have to say?" Gen asks.

"I mean you don't like me anymore? What else am I supposed to say?" He asks. Gen shakes her head.

"Nothing." She smiles. He was supposed to say that he liked her, that he wanted to be with her, that he didn't wanna just be friends. That's what he was supposed to say. 

"Great. So we're cool then." Rafe says, Gen nods. "We're friends?" He says. 

"Yep. Friends." Gen says. "So are you going to the movie thing tomorrow?" She asks. 

"I haven't thought about it." Rafe shrugs. "Are you going?" He asks.

"Yeah, I think so. My mom wants me to talk to JJ and have him come down for dinner." Gen slightly laughs.

"Dinner?" Rafe asks.

"Yeah, a family dinner. Isn't that weird?" Gen says. Rafe gets a text, he looks down at his phone. Anger rushes over his face. "You okay?" Gen asks.

"I gotta go, I'll text you." He rushes out of her room. What the hell?