P A R T S E V E N

//Apologies in advance//

Warnings: None.

     GEN RUNS DOWNSTAIRS TO SET the table

     GEN RUNS DOWNSTAIRS TO SET the table. JJ texted her and said they would stay for dinner, that's it. She sees her mom cooking. "Are they coming?" Her mother asks. Gen nods.

"Yes. They are. But they said they'll only stay for dinner. Which I don't blame them. And if Rafe shows up unexpectedly, I apologize in advance." Gen sighs. She starts putting silverware down.

"It's not your fault if he shows, Genni." Her mom says. Gen nods. 

"I know. But, I know he won't apologize if he causes a scene." Gen shrugs. Her mom grins.

"You sure have a taste in men, huh?" She says, Gen laughs. 

"I sure do."

     "So, JJ how are you?" Phoebe asks

     "So, JJ how are you?" Phoebe asks. JJ shrugs.

"I've been better. I would feel a lot better not being in the house of the rich." JJ says, Pope laughs. 

"Well I'd feel better if I didn't just get my ass kicked by Rafe and Topper, oh and can't forget Kelce. When you left, we had lots of fun." Pope says. Gen bites her lip.

"I shouldn't have left." She mumbles.

"What would you have done, Genevieve? Poked them? They aren't gonna stop just because you say so. You guys are kooks, we're pogues. You shouldn't be hanging with us anyways." JJ says. 

"That's bullshit, and you know it!" Gen snaps. "I don't care who's a pogue and who's and pogue. We're all human and no one deserves that. I'm pretty sure I just dropped my bestfriends for you so you better be grateful. I'm tired of everyone fighting! What do I have to do to prove to you guys that I'm not the bad guy here? I've done nothing but stick up for you, ALL of you!" Gen shouts. Everyone just sits there.

"She does stick up for you guys a lot." Her mom shrugs.

"Not now, mom!" Gen sighs. It goes silent for a minute or so. "Why are you so quiet now?" Gen asks. "I can go call Rafe ask him to come over, can't I? But I'm not going too, cause I want us to be chill! All of us."

"Fine. How about this, we eat dinner. You come to the cut, and see where John B lives. Then, you decide where you wanna go from there. How's that?" JJ asks. Gen looks at her mom.

"You're not going to the cut, Genni." Her mom says. She looks back at JJ and Pope.

"I'll go. Let's eat." She shrugs.