Chapter 6

"Who is this?" I respond back. Nobody calls me Miss. Claire except the teachers... wait, could it be..? 

"Mr. Queens?" I don't get a response right away. I lie there anxiously waiting for a response.

About five minutes later I get a text back.

"Yes, it's me. I'm surprised you're awake this late."

I reply, "I'm surprised you're awake too, considering you're a teacher."

We start texting back and forth, mainly small talk. He asked me what I was doing, I asked him. He asked me how I was, considering everything that happened. I told him that I was doing fine. Thirty minutes went by and he stopped responding. I assumed he had gone to sleep, so I did too.

I woke up at 6 am to my alarm going off. I shut it off and looked at my phone, no new texts. I figured that he wasn't up yet. I decided to go ahead and get ready. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, blow-dried my hair, and was pretty much all ready to go. I heard a knock at my door at around six forty-five and assumed it was my mom.

"Come in!" I say.

"Hey Aria, your mom isn't feeling well this morning. Her morning sickness is getting the best of her so I decided that I would make breakfast this morning and take Olivia to school. You okay with taking Aaliyah yourself?" he says.

"Oh, yeah I'm alright with driving myself and Aaliyah," I say.

"Alright good, what do you want for breakfast? Omelet and bacon?" he asks smiling.

"Definitely!" I say. He knows my favorite breakfast food is an omelet and bacon. It's been my favorite for years. 

I head down the hallway and knock on Aaliyah's door. No answer. I open the door and notice she fell asleep on the floor. I assumed she fell asleep on Facetime with her friends. I nudge her and try to wake her up.

"Hey, Aaliyah. You need to wake up, you're gonna be late," I say still trying to nudge her awake. 

She groans and opens her eyes.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I know I hate Tuesdays too, but ya gotta get up," I say.

"Ugh, fine. What time is it?" she asks still half asleep.

"Uhhh, it's nearly seven. You need to get up!" I say.

"Oh hell, I need to get ready!" she says as she springs up.

"Yeah, you do! I'm taking us to school, by the way. Mom isn't feeling well," I respond. 

"I might not make it to school in one piece then considering you drive like a maniac!" she says as she tears through her drawers looking for something to wear.

"Hey, I'm not that bad!" I say laughing. 

"Uh huh, right. Now get out so I can change," she says pushing me out of the door. 

"Okay damn! And hurry up!" I say.

I walk down the hallway and knock on Alec's door. No answer. I knock again and hear a groan from inside. 

"Alec I'm coming in," I say.

"Ughhh, I feel like shit," he says sitting up in his bed.

"Ya think?" I say putting my hand up to his forehead.

"What're you doing? Girl get your hand off me," he says as he takes my hand off.

"Well, you feel warm. I was checking to see if you had a fever or not. From the feel of it, you do. I'll go grab you some Tylenol and a glass of water, stay right here," I say.