Chapter 13

"Dante...?" I message back. 

I waited nervously for a response. The only person I knew who used amore was Dante, and he couldn't possibly have my number.. or could he?

Freya looks over at me and notices that I'm bouncing my knee. She nudges me in the side and I jump.

"Christ Freya, you scared me," I say sighing. 

"You okay? You look nervous," she says.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I don't know why I was bouncing my knee," I say. She looks at me and narrows her eyes.

"Mhmm, riiight. You're totally fine," she says rolling her eyes.

"What? I'm not lying," I say.

"Okay okay, fine," she says as she goes back to her reading. 

My phone buzzes about five minutes later. I look around me to see if anyone's looking and open the message.

"I'm glad you haven't forgotten about me, Aria," Dante says.

"How the hell did you get my number?" I respond. 

"Getting information isn't hard. I know everything about you," he says.

"Well that's not creepy," I respond.

"I could've asked Christian, but do you think that'd end well?" he asks.

"No, definitely not," I say. 

I sigh and look over at Christian. He still had his head in his hands and wouldn't really talk. He catches me looking and I direct my attention towards my phone again.

"I want to finish what we started," he messages back.

"I don't think that's a good idea, either.." I say.

"And why is that?" he says. 

"I told Christian about what happened and he got mad. He broke things off," I say.

"His loss. My offer is still on the table," he says.

I thought about it for a moment. What if there was a possibility that Christian and I could work things out, and doing this could harm that chance? What if I do this and regret it? These thoughts were swarming my mind until Freya nudged me again.

"Goddamn it Freya," I say basically yelling. Some of the students stare at me and I roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry, okay! You keep staring out into the horizon looking at literally nothing, you're worrying me," she says as she puts her arm on mine. 

"I'm having... issues... with this guy. He's invited me over to his house and I don't know whether or not I should go," I say whispering. 

"A guy?! You haven't talked to a guy since like sophomore year," she says.

"Jesus, way to rub it in my face Freya," I say. She frowns and I look away.

"Aria, I'm kidding. Who is he?" she asks.

"He doesn't go here. Hell, he's not even in high school," I say. 

"An older man, huh? How old is he?" she asks.

"Full of questions aren't you? I have no idea. Twenty-three or twenty-four maybe, I didn't care to ask," I say.

"Holy shit. I thought he'd be like nineteen or something. Are you sure that's a good idea?" she says as she takes a drink of water.

"I mean yeah, I'm seventeen for christ's sake. It's not like I can't sleep with someone older... And I'm pretty sure he just found out my age like yesterday so uh," I say lowering my voice.