Chapter 9

I awoke to another knock at my door. I roll my eyes and turn over to face the window. The door opens and I groan. 

"Aria, we need to talk," I hear a familiar voice say. I recognize that it's my mother and pull the covers off of my face. 

"What do you want?" I say as I sit up.

"Listen, I understand why you're upset," she starts. I grab my phone and check the time. I realize that it's ten o'clock and groan again.

"I'm not upset," I say.

"Honey, I'm sorry that we went to dinner without you. Alec thought it'd be a good idea. I didn't think that they'd drop that kind of news on us," she says sighing. 

"Yeah, he shouldn't have. I would've liked to be there while they told you guys," I say yawning. 

"I understand... But you shouldn't have spoiled it the way you did," she says putting her hand on my arm. I shake her off and just stare at her. Really? You just find out your own son got some girl pregnant and you're mad at me of all people?

"Yeah, whatever. I guess so," I say shrugging. She pulls me in for a hug and I decide not to fight it. 

"I'm mad at your brother too, hun, as well as Freya. They weren't being safe. But accidents happen, and you can only try to make the best of it," she says still holding on. 

"Freya got off birth control, mom. She did it on purpose. It's not like she just accidentally forgot to take her birth control and had sex," I say. My mom looks at me with shock and anger written all over her face. 

"Come on sweetheart, you're going home today. Here are some clothes," my mom says as someone knocks on the door. 

"Come in!" I say.

"Hey y'all! Well, Miss. Aria, it looks like you're getting out today. How're you feeling?" Daya asks as she writes something down.

"I feel great. Much better than before," I say smiling. She winks at me and carries on with what she's doing. 

"Well, mom you can come with me and sign her out while she's getting dressed. It's been a pleasure, Aria," she says smiling. I smile and shake my head. My mom waves at me as she and Daya walk out. 

I take off my dirty clothes and put them to the side. I pick up the bag that my mom gave me and get dressed. I feel disgusting, especially considering what happened last night. It sends shivers down my spine to remember what happened. He was amazing. His skin rubbing against mine was the best thing I have ever felt. I snap out of my daydreaming when my mom walks back in. 

"Are you all ready to go?" she asks.

"Definitely. Get me out of here!" I say picking up my bags. I wave to Rachelle as I leave. She waves back to me and catches up with us. 

"Hey, Jen!" Rachelle says as she hugs my mom.

"Oh my god, Rachelle! How are you and John?" my mom asks.

"We're great! How's the baby?" she asks. 

"It's going well. Aria, I found out last night that we're pregnant with a boy," my mom says as she holds her stomach.

"Oh thank Christ, we don't need another girl in the house. Oh Jesus never mind he's going to end up acting like Alec," I say as we all start laughing. 

"Speaking of Alec, do you mind if we talk about something? Here Aria, take the keys and wait in the car. I'll only be a moment," she says. I take her keys and walk to the car. I get ready to unlock it as I see Cameron walking towards me, and he looks pissed. I drop my bags and freeze in fear as he gets closer. I take off running back into the hospital to find my mom. Cameron storms in behind me and yells my name.