Chapter 16

"Jade, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah. I'll be right back boys," she says. I grab her by the arm and yank her to the side, while Freya goes over to talk to Alec.

"What the fuck are you doing? Why did you invite Kenny over?" I ask once again.

"Listen, he's been texting me literally all day about you. I got tired of him asking me questions so I just asked him and Xavier if they wanted to come over," she says. 

"You just wanted to get dicked down by Xavier, didn't you?" I say. I smile at her as her face turns red.

"No! I just wanted him to stop asking about you!" she says.

"Uh-huh, right. Totally," I say rolling my eyes. 

"Okay fine! Yeah, I wanted to spend some time with Xavier. Is that a bad thing?" she says crossing her arms.

"I mean no. Besides the fact that he's jock and he's dumber than a pile of rocks," I say.

"Yeah well he's sweet, so I don't really care," she says.

"Works for me. I swear if you and Kenny are up to something I'm going to kill you," I say trying to act serious. 

"You're cute when you try to act serious," she says.

"I'm going to kill you," I say.

"Yeah, you've said that already," she says.

"Because you're a pain in the ass," I say.

"Ayeee ladies, no fighting here. We're all friends," Xavier says.

"You might be the first to die, X," I say. He puts his hands up and backs away.

"She's kidding, obviously," Jade says rolling her eyes.

"Okay welllll, we're all gonna go get dressed and hop into the pool," he says. 

"I'll be up there in a minute," she says. He kisses her cheek as he goes past her. 

"Huh, he must really care about you," I say.

"I do like him. But after Cameron I'm not sure if I want to try this again," she says.

"You might as well go for it," I say.

"Five seconds ago you were just scolding me. Now you have a change of heart," she says.

"Hey, it isn't like I can control what you do. If you think that you like him I say go for it," I say. 

"Are you two ever going to quit talking?" Alec says.

"I didn't ask," I say. He rolls his eyes and heads upstairs with Kenny and Freya.

"I think you'll be the death of me, not vice versa," she says.

"Probably. Hey uh, do you have Plan B on you?" I ask. She widens her eyes and looks around. 

"I do, actually. Wait... did you not use protection?!" she basically yells.

"Shh! I don't want the whole goddamn house to know!" I say.

"Okay, I'm sorry. There's one in my bag up in Freya's room. I'm hoping they're not already all over each other," she says.

"Thank you. And I'll be sure to knock," I say.

I head up the stairs and knock on Freya's door. I hear a voice behind the door tell me to come in and I open the door. 

"Didn't take you two long to get dressed," I say.