Chapter 22

Aria

I let out a huge sigh of relief as I hear the door shut downstairs. I closed my bedroom door behind me and leaned my back up against it, trying to catch my breath. The thought of him getting caught by Freya or Alec or even my parents made me tremble.

I looked over at the costume that was laying on my bed. This year Jade decided that I should be a witch. The outfit was a super short, deep v-necked dress with long sleeves.

It was definitely out of my comfort zone. It wasn't something I'd normally wear. My normal day-to-day attire included a plain t-shirt, jeans or jean shorts, and a pair of Converse. I'd wear dresses, sure, but I always had them longer. Longer than this one, at least. 

"Hey, you almost ready? We're leaving in about an hour-ish," Alec says through my door.

"Oh shit. Uh, no? I got... distracted," I say. I step away from the door and the handle rattles.

"Well hop to it. Otherwise, we'll just leave you here."

"Good fucking god, you're in a towel! You could've gotten decent before coming in here," I say as I turn around.

"You're in a robe. Is that any better?" he asks.

"Yes, because I'm in my room. NOT going into someone else's room."

"Yeah yeah yeah, fine. Freya and I are gonna get dressed. Oh, and have you heard anything from Aaliyah or Liv?" he replies.

"Aaliyah's staying with Freya's sister and Liv is with a friend from school. They're staying the entire weekend," I say.

"So glad that I was informed of this," he says as he rolls his eyes. "Whatever. Finish getting ready, Aria."

"Okay okay, fine," I reply. He shuts the door behind him and I rush over to my bed.

I slip my robe off onto the floor and grab my dress. I sit on my bed and put my legs through it, pulling it up to my chest and slipping my arms through the armholes. I zip it up as far as I can and stand up. I step into my heels and grab my purse.

...

I walk downstairs, clipping the earrings that I quickly grabbed before leaving my room. I headed into the living room as I finally managed to get them to snap closed. Aaron and Samantha stood there talking to Freya and Alec.

"Lookin' good, birthday girl," Aaron comments. He winks at me and Samantha rolls her eyes at him.

"Oh shut up Aaron. Your girlfriend is standing right next to me," I respond. "Sam, would you mind zipping this up the rest of the way?"

"Yeah, Aaron. Your girlfriend is standing right here," she says.

I laugh as she walks over towards me. I move my hair off of my neck and she grasps the zipper, pulling it all the way up. I noticed that the locket that Christian had given me was noticeable. I tucked it into the top of my dress out of sight. The last thing I wanted was someone commenting on it.

"Is that alright?" she asks. I nod my head and she smiles at me.

"You guys look good. Vampires?" I question.

"Yup. I look hot, right?" he asks as he spins around. I put my face into my hand and sigh.

"Alec, what are you guys?"

"She's the girl who's pregnant and I'm the punk who got her pregnant," Alec states. I stare at him and he starts laughing. "Okay okay, I'm kidding. I'm supposed to be the big bad wolf. She's little red riding hood."