Prologue

The gods of the seas held many secrets. Just like the way no one knew what lay in the depths of the ocean, no one could fathom the personification of the vast waters themselves. Be it the little of things, they would never act in the way predicted. Their thoughts were scattered, yet collected, impossible to understand.

Poseidon and Neptune, the two sides of a coin, both the same yet different. Both highly respected deity's and rulers of the ocean's but with two personalities and one duty. Poseidon was Poseidon, and Neptune was Neptune. 

The only thing they truly had in common, was Sally. And she was the only time they became one. In both forms, she was the only one in his whole existence which joined his Greek and Roman persona in one.

Poseidon had seen her first, drawn by her comforting beauty and gentle eyes. She had suffered so much sorrow, and yet smiled so bright. He had taken a liking to her, a forbidden interest, which had slowly grown into love. 

He felt at peace when he was near her, he felt whole. It had taken him quite a while to realize that he somehow, his Roman form had also been attracted by her. He had merged, his Roman and Greek form into a single embodiment, taking him completely by surprise.

Was it possible? He had no idea, but he didn't want to lose the feeling. The feeling of being at peace. Maybe it was her presence which brought upon his relaxation or the fact that subconsciously he didn't have to spilt himself in two. He knew, with certainty, that both Neptune and Poseidon loved her dearly, and that's what brought them together. 

But he never told her about the miracle she'd caused. He'd already told her that he was Poseidon, an all-powerful god, and didn't want to shock her more by claiming to be two people at once, not to mention, another god. He was content with just being by her side and receiving her warmth.

It was selfish of him, he knew it. He would be placing her under great danger just by being her lover, but no matter how much he distanced himself, he'd always end up behind the small wooden door of her tiny house. 

And soon, a surprise entered their world. Was the child in her womb a blessing or a curse, he didn't know. The little one was a question. Maybe he would inherit powers from both Parthenon's, or maybe he would be a child of only his Greek or Roman part. But he was sure of one thing, their child would be powerful. All he could do, was hope that it was a boy. The reason was simple, he would be a demigod- a powerful one, but just a demigod. 

Neptune didn't have many children, and female ones were the rarest to conceive. It was because they inherited a very special power from Neptune. The ability to charm by their voices, like the tides luring prey into the sea. They were born as sirens. And if the child of both his forms were to be a siren, she would have the ability to destroy the world. 

A child of both Greek and Roman, a violation of a sacred oath. It was wrong in several ways, but seeing his love smile at her stomach, maybe it was right. Sally was happy, so very happy that he decided to forget the threats of danger and simply accept the joy of his child. 

He didn't know what would happen in the future, but both Poseidon and Neptune knew that the child was a result of their love. Her love which brought his whole self together.