3

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗
arefree
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

You glanced down at your phone for the tenth time, thoroughly scanning the address on the text to make sure you read it right. You then stared at the riverbank.

Lightly squeezing the strap of your bo staff case, you searched for a certain dark-haired male.

"[y/n]-chan! Over here."

You pocketed your phone and jogged up to Shinichiro who waved you over.

It was windy that day - the luminescent sun rays kissed your skin, providing generous warmth to you. The river shimmered under the sunlight whilst the grass swayed to the rhythm of the zephyr.

You stood still beside him. "Why did you call me here, Shinichiro-san?"

He sent you a grin. "There's someone I want you to meet."

"Again? You said you weren't playing matchmaker, but-"

"It's not like that, dammit!" His exasperated tone made you snicker. "I told you, didn't I? I'm doing this because I believe it would be good for them."

"Good for them to have someone like me around?"

He did a finger gun. "Exactly."

You swung your head around. "But there's nobody here."

"He'll be back soon. I asked him to buy us a snack." Shinichiro patted the spot next to him, and you sat down.

"And here I thought you were gonna leave me with him alone with the excuse to buy us a drink." Shinichiro rubbed his neck at your passive-aggressive behavior.

"Geez, you're still not over that? I'm sorry, okay?" He sighed when you showed him an indifferent expression. "Listen. When I saw Seishu talk to you, I couldn't bring myself to interrupt the conversation! That kid's pretty quiet, so seeing him so talkative towards someone he just met really amazed me."

"Is that so?" You muttered.

"Yes. Promise." A hand landed on your head, his caress was as gentle as the smile plastered on his face. "So, forgive me, please?"

Uh oh. This is bad. Your heart is experiencing what people usually call as "doki doki".

"What's with you, Shinichiro-san?" Forcing a laugh, you tried to dispel the heartfelt moment and turn it light-hearted. "I'm long past that. C'mon, I'm not that petty. I was just teasing you."

Shinichiro gasped. "[y/n]-chan! How could you?"

The intensity of your laughter was so much, it made you keel over. Shinichiro glared at you at first before gradually getting captivated by your laugh and joining along.

"Shinichiro, who's this?"

A deep, inquiring voice pierced through the laughter. Shinichiro glanced at the newcomer and smiled. "Ah, Izana! You're back."

Curious [e/c] irises stared at the boy. He was tanned with insouciant lavender eyes and white hair. The way he stared at you seemed like it was full of disdain.

"Come sit down for a bit."

He complied.

"Izana, remember the person I told you about?"

The tanned boy spared you a brief glance and nodded.

"This is her. [y/n]-chan, meet Izana." Shinichiro urged you to introduce yourself to Izana.