╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗
Toman
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

You blinked your bleary eyes to adjust your vision of the tall figure in front of your door. "Ken-kun?" You rasped out.

"Yo."

"Why are you at my house this early?"

"I'll explain everything. Can I come in?"

Shuffling aside, you opened the door wide for him.

Draken made himself comfortable on the living room couch, and you went to prepare him a drink all while fighting off the sleepiness.

"Please make it quick. I've got school." Your movements were lethargic as you placed down the cup in front of him and ate your breakfast.

"You're eating that for breakfast?" Draken quirked a brow.

"You got a problem with it?"

"No, it's just... you sure you'll be full with just gummy bears?"

You glanced down at the snack in hand. It was, indeed, gummy bears and not chips like you intended on picking.

"That's not important. Now, explain."

Draken sighed. He grabbed the cup of tea you served him, running his thumb on the ceramic material as if contemplating something.

"Promise me you won't get mad."

Your eyes narrowed in suspicion. When you didn't reply, Draken continued, "Mikey has something important to tell you. I'm here to drive you to his place."

"Okay, why do you think I'll be mad at that?" You offered him your snack, and he shook his head.

"To Mikey, this is important, but I don't know if you'll consider it the same way. It's a good news, don't worry. He wanted you to be the first to know."

"I see." The thought brought a smile to your face. Slowly, you felt the drowsiness and the collateral irritation ebb away as warmth blossomed in your chest. "Why doesn't he just tell me that himself? And at a different time where I haven't just woken up?"

Draken shrugged, and you didn't bother extending the conversation. It was so quiet, the only sounds audible were the noise of your chewing and Draken's periodical sips.

"Say, why did you call me instead of knocking the door? Hearing Bohemian Rhapsody first thing in the morning is a great way to start the day– don't get me wrong– I have an awesome ringtone. But you could've knocked..."

Draken hummed thoughtfully for a moment. "I could, but if I knock, I might wake your mom. She has night shifts, right? I assume she must be resting at this time around."

You were speechless.

Confusion traced on his visage, Draken stared at your gaping mouth. He picked a single gummy bear and tossed it in your open mouth.

You snapped out of your daze when the flavor invaded your taste buds. "Sheesh, Ken-kun... No wonder my mom likes you."

"I know. I'm a kind person."

"No kidding. My mom has good eye. I totally got it from her." You swallowed the snack and promptly tossed another in your mouth. "On that note, what do you say? Me, you, coffeeshop–"

"No." Draken had gotten used to your spontaneous date invitations. Sometimes, he struggled to understand if you were being serious about wanting to take him out on a date or it's just you being you.