10

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗
Hangout
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

You patted down your denim skirt and raked your fingers through your hair, flattening the matted locks, before pulling out your phone. Your [e/c] irises thoroughly scanned the address on the screen, then it flickered up to the building before you. The exterior of it made it clear just how well-off the occupants are – pristine walls, high-rise architecture, and rows of sleek cars stationed at the parking lot.

Whistling in awe, you promptly opened up your contacts and dialed someone. After a couple of rings, the person finally picked up. "Uh, hey... Can you come outside? I'm at the address you sent me."

"Oh, you're here already? That's fast." A chuckle came from the other line.

You mirrored the reaction, except yours sounded nervous. "Yeah... I'd rather be early than late. The earlier we start our hangout, the more fun we'll have. Say, um... you wouldn't happen to live in this big apartment, right?"

"If I didn't live here, then why on earth would I send the address to you?"

"Right..." Your feet inadvertently brought you to the lobby, where the luxurious environment instantly made you feel like a peasant. You exhaled sharply through your nose. "Can you come pick me up?"

"Sure. Gimme a sec."

While you waited for your friend, you stayed on the call with them, occasionally making small talk to relinquish the silence. After a couple of minutes, one of the elevators chimed as the doors parted.  

"[n/n]-chan. Hi." A gentle smile specked their feature when they greeted you, and you found yourself returning the gesture.

"Yuzuha-chan!"

That's right, folks. You're going to hang out with the one and only, Yuzuha Shiba. 

Your first meeting with her wasn't bizarre or coincidental. With how much Hakkai talked about his sister, even went as far as going on a tangent about her, it was hard not to be curious. Intrigued by the appraisals Hakkai spewed about her, you asked him if you could meet her. What you got as a response was a gaze so happy, you nearly went into cardiac arrest from the sheer amount of cuteness.

After meeting Yuzuha, you could state with absolute certainty that good looks runs in the family.

Naturally, the two of you grew close. You opened up to her fast and vice versa. Since she's a girl, you'd confide to her often and share a lot of things you don't usually share with the boys. 

She was an amazing listener, and with her mature disposition, you procured a lot of helpful advices. In contrast to her reserved nature, you were lively; Yuzuha's chats with you were never boring. She appreciates your light-heartedness just as much as you appreciate her rationality.

"Why don't you come on over, [n/n]-chan? I haven't finished dressing up."

You eyed her up and down, raising a brow. "But you look good already."

Yuzuha chuckles. "Stop lying. I look like a mess. I still have bed head, and I'm in my pajamas."

You went inside the elevator and shot her a disgruntled look. "This isn't fair. How come you look like a model when you're in your pj's, but I look like a homeless person?"

Yuzuha covered her mouth as she giggled. "Alright. Enough with the compliments already."

"I'm only telling the truth."

"I know. Now, get moving." The girl replied as she pushed you out of the elevator and all the way to her apartment room. She led you to the living room where she pointed to the sofa. "Stay here, okay? I'm gonna change real quick."