8

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗
Rebuild
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

Time flew by.

Regardless of whether or not we're ready to face the future and leave the past, time will continue moving. This characteristic may be cruel to some, but to others, it is necessary, as it served as a motivational push for people to go forward and tackle on the obstacles life has to offer, as well as a firm reminder to cherish what you have while you still have it.

One thing you enjoyed about time is watching change occur in all of your friends.

Changes as trivial as your friends' appearance.

For example, over the course of time, Mikey grew his hair, lowkey resembling an Afghan Hound. Draken's hair is now long enough to be braided. There seemed to be an onset of long hair since Keisuke was also doing it. Mitsuya kept his hair the way it is, and Pah - thank heavens for his change of heart - actually got rid of his previous godawful haircut and bleached his hair. You told him that he'll definitely get all the ladies with the new haircut.

Another thing you enjoyed is watching a certain someone's impeded height growth.

Most of your friends, you included, have reached over 170cm, while Mikey is barely past 160cm. Being the kind friend that you are, you relentlessly tease him for it.

At one point, Mikey yelled at you, "the first time I met you, you said that I'll catch up to you. That was a lie!"

Feigning concern, you folded your hands in front of your chest. "Aw, Manjiro-kun, I'm so sorry, but..." You smiled. "I fail to see why that's my problem."

"[Y/N]-CHIN, I WILL END YOU!"

"Bro, how? You can't even reach me!"

"I'll do it with my flying kick!"

"Hah! You missed! Pipsqueak! Midget! Shrimp!"

"SHUT UP, [Y/N]-CHIN!"

"Shortstack! Shortie McShortie!"

Overcome with anger, Mikey flung his shoe at you.

"Oh- try me, bitch." You put your hand on your hip.

The physical damage you got for insulting him is far less compared to the damage Mikey's ego received.

After the little sob-fest you two shared at Shinichiro's shop, you felt the weight on your shoulders reduce. It was nice to finally get that out your system, and you could tell even Mikey seemed better after crying his heart out.

You started hanging out with the gang again. This time, there were less fake smiles on your part.

However, no matter how hard you tried, you still had a hard time treating Keisuke normally. Whenever you look at him, an image of Shinichiro would appear in your mind, making you unable to form a coherent sentence. When this happens, you'd settle for a cordial smile, but even that took a huge amount of effort. Deep down, you knew you were still not ready to face Keisuke. You haven't forgiven him.

A part of you wanted to forgive him, but only because you couldn't stand the unpleasant feeling churning in your stomach everytime you see him. If he was absolved, you wondered if you would finally be able to make peace with yourself.

You wondered if things would go back go the way it used to.

It wouldn't.

Keisuke knew how big of an impact Shinichiro's death caused. Although he wasn't the one who struck him, he was still a complicit, and still as guilty as Kazutora is for partaking in the scheme.