VIII.

Sakura froze, her gaze stuck to the Kunai embedded in the ground. Not again.. she could feel herself having a panic attack, I'm not ready yet, I won't be able to help.. again. Sakura shook her, no I trained for this, I'll do something.She pushed the panic at the back of her head, this was no time to stand there and do nothing.

"Sakura, stand with Team 10 and protect the boy and girl!" She could hear her sensei's words through her thoughts, oh come on! What the hell? What about Naruto and Sasuke? Why us?!?

Sakura scoffed but turned around anyway, she'd follow his order; only because I know those bandits would head towards the family members, this wasn't like last time, they just want money not fight some Copy nin or something, if I stay back I'll probably get to fight, even if one or two.

Great! Lets do that!

Sakura sighed, she turned towards the boy and girl who were shaking, "Don't worry, we're gonna protect you, we were hired just for-" but the boy had cut her off, in a panic, "No way! I'm going to mom and dad! There's no way 12 year olds like you could handle those thugs!" He ran off.

Sakura scoffed, turned to the three genin, "I'll go bring him back, stay with the girl" she had barely gotten the confirmation she needed; a small nod from the Nara, and took off, not waiting for what they had to say.

"Hey! You bastard! Come back here" Sakura had managed to catch Atsushi's hands, the boy couldn't run for his life!

"Now listen! Your parents are safe, they're being protected by the others, we're here to protect you and your sister, we may not look like it, but we know our stuff, okay? No need to underestimate-" she quickly turned ahead and threw a kunai.

A chuckle was heard before 3 men reappeared out of thin air, "seems like you do know your stuff, pinky" a wry smile was on the guy in the middle's face, looks like the leader of the three.

Maybe

Sakura noticed they didn't have a hitai-ate of any village, must be ninja-dropouts. Nodding to took out another kunai, "I'm telling ya' now pinky-chan, hand the boy over and we'll let ya' live, sound good'?"

Sakura snarled in return, the guy laughed, "fierce I see!" A dark look shadowed his face, taking out his weapon, whatever that thing is, the man launched at her.

Sakura's eyes widened, but she deflected the attack with her Kunai, his Tonfa and her Kunai clashed with a loud noise, Sakura could tell he wasn't putting all his effort, probably underestimates us, I'll teach you to underestimate! Sakura sent Chakra to hands and pushed.

The grip on his weapon loosened and the Tonfa was flying out of his hands, landing a couple of feet away from them.

Wasting no time, Sakura brought Chakra to her hands, in a haste, she didn't clench her hands into a fist. Her Chakra infused palm made contact with his Solar Plexus, a pained grunt escaped his throat.

Her hit looked somewhat like a gentle fist, thank heavens for those books on the body system I read! Not wasting time on pondering any further, she took the stance of a roundhouse kick, brought another wave of chakra to it, and kicked.

The impact to his side had left him flying to the right, she noted that his body had simultaneously knocked two guys from heading towards team 10 and the girl, smirking she turned towards the other two, celebrations can wait 'til after I rid these two.