XVIII.

Warning! Mature-ish type content ahead!!
| During the time skip |

Kakashi snapped his book shut.

It was time.

He had been fearing and anticipating this day ever since he was assigned to this team. The thought and thrill of it racked shivers down his spine. He might be hated by his beloved cute little Genins but it would be worth it.

Worth the look on their adorable faces.

______

'What the hell was the Sandaime thinking?'

Those were the first words to across Kakashi's mind when he was given files on his 'genin team'.

Uchiha Sasuke; a boy who has lasted this long on nothing but hatred for his older brother. An angsty boy who is lowkey overdramatic, simply put. He doesn't know shit about teamwork nor about accepting people around him as something other than weaklings. Even has a weird superiority complex.

Then came Uzumaki Naruto; The village's pariah...and his late sensei's kid- secret child if you may. He is a troublemaker, looks too much like Minato, yet acts like Kushina. He is unpredictable in so many ways it might as well be scary. He isn't that well educated, he passed as the dead-last and barely managed to do so. His marks were bad and he winged about almost everything.

Lastly came Haruno Sakura; a civilian born. Nothing special. Led a good life. Actually has a family. Maybe some freinds too? Great test scores but poor practicals. Very sassy.

But that wasn't the problem here. The problem was the fact that they had put a kid with an average happy life with a team of eccentric orphans. A team of powerhouses; An Uchiha, Konoha's Jinchuriki, he himself- the famous Copy Ninja.

He wondered if there was something else in the Sandaime's cigarette that day.

I mean, the team was bound for failure. The girl would more likely suffer by being surrounded by powerful people and getting overshadowed. She'll probably leave the team. If she knows what's best for her. Sasuke and Naruto would declare themselves as rivals (if they hadn't done that already in the academy) and bring the team down with their petty rivalry (yes, even in D-ranks)

But all that didn't matter.

He wasn't going to pass them anyway.

"Oh and Kakashi-kun" said jonin turned around to face the Hokage; who had a small smirk on his face, "yes, Hokage-sama?"

"They haven't been given 'the talk' yet" Kakashi's lone eye widened, so did Hiruzen's smirk, "I'll leave it up to you"

Fucking hell

______

"You called Kakashi-sensei?"

"Ah...yes"

His three students raised their eyebrows in question before taking seat beside each other before him. Naruto was racking back and forth, already impatient. Sasuke showing hints of it as well. Sakura remained stolid. Weird, usually she's sticking to Sasuke already.