X.

When the others had arrived, the rain had long stopped, the 'Fujiwara protection team' had finished with their snacks and were now patiently waiting- if you could call it that- in the chariot along with the Fujiwara family; who were now wide awake.

The others looked pretty disheveled, it seemed that the leader was a strong one. Either way, they had stayed put for the night and resumed their journey the next day.

Sakura had never seen a 'cabin' that big, it looked more of a clan head house than a cabin from all visible angles. It was certainly bigger than her own house, had a very big front and back yard along with a very cozy interior. It had almost made her want to stay. Emphasis on almost. The Fujiwara siblings were pure hell spawns. There was no doubt. The moment they had entered, they rarely paid attention to the two teams. Complaining about 'how long the trip was' or how 'it had completely exhausted them'. Safe to say, she had never wanted to punch someone more than how she did now.

Staying to rest wasn't really an option so the two teams took off after patching themselves up, hoping they never have to meet them again- well it was Sakura who was thinking that, but it wouldn't be surprising if the rest were too.

It had taken them a day to get back, simply because they weren't in their best conditions nor did they want to hurry. Sakura really wasn't looking forward to going home, so she was glad they had taken multiple breaks throughout. When Team 7 and 10 had arrived at the Konohagakure gates, walked past the people, heading straight for the Hokage tower to send in their reports, Sakura could already sense a headache coming along.

Oh how she wished she knew medical ninjutsu by now, she had read it helped with headaches and soothing one's mind.

The report was mostly Kakashi-sensei and Asuma-sensei doing the talking, Naruto throwing a couple, "totally! We were so cool! Believe it", the others nodding while Sakura was trying to pry off her headache for later when she wasn't in front of the goddamn Hokage, goddammit.

The two chunins had asked a couple of questions about the mission from the 6 genin, it had lasted for about 10 minutes when the Hokage finally set them free, "You six must be tired, how about you guys return home for today? You all did a great job"

You all did a great job...

She didn't know why but her heart swelled with those words. Usually when he would say it, she would feel rather sour, after all, she usually only stood there, but this time she hadn't. But then the not-so-small voice in her head told her he probably said that to everyone everytime because because he wanted to make them feel happy.

She had deflated a little at the thought but noted the fact that both the Jonin Sensei-s had been held back for some more important details.

Probably because of the bandits, to make sure they aren't too big of a threat.

She could faintly hear the rest 5 Genins participating in a conversation, more importantly; Naruto and Ino, while Sasuke would throw in some words to annoy Naruto.

They were talking like they were a team, and then she remembered they had went together to take down the leader of the bandits. Her stomach felt sour. She knew Ino was the better one between the two of them.

She was pretty, came from a well known clan, she knew the clan jutsu-s and could use them well. She was ambitious but kind, she knew what she was doing even though she would be nosy at times, setting people off. Most importantly, she was strong. Which Sakura was not.

That not-so-small voice spoke up again, 'what did you even expect? All they need is a third person for completing the team, doesn't matter who. Ino would've probably ended up with Sasuke if it weren't for the tradition of Ino-Shika-Cho'