XVI.

Clouds and the sun stared mockingly at Sakura, who was just seconds away from ending it all. Training was becoming more boring and brutal day-by-day and all she could do was comply without a word, 'cause she could really use the workout.

She sighed loudly in defeat before plopping back on the ground, arms (that were about to snap) stretched out on either side and limbs numb, secretly hoping kami would take pity on her and let her die in peace without any actaul pain. Mayu-baa-san had left earlier than usual to take care of the store, her daily-team-training being cancelled for the day. Kurenai-senpai had her own team to take care of, now that she got them back.

It hadn't been long since the program, in fact, it was just yesterday. Apparently her team wasn't up for a 'team reunion'.

Were they a team in all honesty?

Naruto and Sasuke bickered on the smallest things like an old couple, they might as well be in love (I think they are), her and Naruto, while civil as for now, they weren't exactly on friendly terms. She treated him like shit and he treated her like she was some priced possession that would set his worth in stone. Her and Sasuke- well...they were not okay. Kakashi-sensei was a whole another chapter we don't get into, and that says alot.

I don't think he deserves the '-sensei' suffix

No we don't talk about that. Her thoughts took a depressing turn and she let her guard down. At that moment, a shadow loomed over her and she cracked an eye open to glare at whoever that decided to intervene in her self-destruction.

It was a lady. No scratch that, a pretty lady.

A wavy set of dirty-ish blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders, stopping around her hips. Green eyes(that were freakishly similar to hers) peered at her with amusement. She donned a black top and red hakama pants underneath a beige trenchcoat with the shape of a dress. A red tie holding her hair in a low ponytail with bangs and peices of hair sticking out and framing her delicate face.

She was pretty but not as pretty as Kurenai-senpai

"Ciao"

Sakura screeched before hurrying back into a defensive crouch, a good distance from the lady. A twitch of her hands and she was armed with 3 kunais in each hand. The lady wasn't wearing a Konoha hitai-ate, heck she wasn't wearing any hitai-ate. She didn't seem strong, but letting someone's looks decided for you was a rookie mistake she wasn't up for making. Her chakra roared with a strangely calm ferocity that made no sense.

The blonde let out an impressed whistle before sticking her hands out in mock surrender, a smirk playing on her cherry red lips, "I mean no harm, pinky"

But Sakura wasn't having any of it, she threw her three kunai from her right hand, aiming directly at the unfamiliar face, whose eyes narrowed in return.

She dodged them with ease before looking back at the girl, "Hey, hear me out will'ya?" The rosette's eyes narrowed in response before she jumped back and threw the three kunai, all with different aims.

The lady jumped sideways to the right to dodge the one aiming directly at her before turning straight ahead and noticing the second one closing in. She made a hasty turn, body moving with practiced swiftness. After checking to make sure there weren't any more kunais coming for her, she turned towards the pinkette who had unsealed a Naginata and looked just about ready to shred her.

Only that wasn't going to happen.

Sakura's favorite, out of every other weapon Mayu-baa-san had taught her to wield, the Naginata had been her favorite. It was just light enough to carry around but not too light for it fly away from her grip after a strong gush of wind.