XI.

She turned around to find the one and only; Nara Shikamaru.Yay... Her eyes narrowed but she didn't say anything. The boy took her silence as some kind of positive response- which it wasn't- and took a seat a few feet from her.

They sat in an awkward silence; Shikamaru hadn't really thought he'd see anyone here, it was his usual, secret, spot he'd go for when he wanted to be away from home or his team. While Sakura on the other hand wasn't really looking for any company, thank you not so much! All she ever wanted was some 'alone time' though being here with the Nara wasn't exactly the opposite since he hadn't pestered her or anything.

But as long as she knew he was there, it disturbed her.

"What're you doing out here anyway?" Sakura started, growing tired of the awkward silence. She knew Shikamaru could sense the awkwardness but the lazy bastard didn't even bother caring. The said boy spared her a side glance and then stared back up at the sky, "this is my usual spot, shouldn't I be asking you that? Never seen you around here"

She could feel a vein pop on her forehead, then why didn't you ask, you lazy bastard! "Thought of taking a walk, the mission was kind of rough, you know?"

"It was?"

"Yes, it was" her tone said it all, disagree with me, I dare you. The boy probably noticed it too, for he cleared his throat and nodded, "it was, wasn't it"

The rosette reminded him too much of his mom. He didn't want to know how much of a nagger she was, so he just agreed. Shikamaru took note of the fading dark circles below her eyes, but didn't comment on it. That would be troublesome.

The boy was wearing a beige T-shirt with a Nara clan symbol on it along with some black trousers, she noted. He looks goo- shut up. His hair was still tied in a high ponytail, making it look like a pineapple. She had to suppress a wince, the way his hair was tied, she couldn't even imagine the amount of strain on his hair roots and hairline.

"Want me to leave or something?" She asked, the boy just shook his head, closing his eyes, "do whatever you want, stay or leave, up to you. All I'm here for is a nap" she ignored the relief from his answer, copying his posture and laid down with her arm pillowing her head. "Well then, I've got nothin' to do so might as well stay"

Silence had once again enveloped them, but it wasn't an awkward one. Progress, I guess. Shikamaru wasn't able to sleep no matter what, curiosity was trying to get the better of him, but he wouldn't let it. So he decided on cloud watching in its stead. There weren't many clouds today, much to his misfortune. He sighed.

Sakura on the other hand was trying to tone down inner; who had turned into a hormonal fangirl, yet again. We were over this! No more fangirling! We need to focus on our training and becoming stronger!

But! Shikamaru looks cuteeee~~

Shut the duck up!

Heat enveloped her cheeks, why was she cursed with Inner again? Her gaze lingered towards the boy beside her. His face was now in a frown. Did he not want her here? Her stomach sank at the thought but she pushed it aside, it doesn't matter whether he likes it or not, I'm gonna stay here as long as a please!

"How's Yoshino-san doing?" Her attempt at bringing up a conversation to tone down the silence brought Shikamaru back from his thoughts so he turned to her, "Good, she nagged alot yesterday, even more than usual" his face turned into a grimace recalling last night, "She seems to be concerned about your situation and all, asking for you to stay at our house till your parents return"