She's a Fighter

Back to the studio again after a pretty great weekend of competition. There was a little bit of drama but no big fights that lead to anyone storming out.

I sat down next to Chloe and Maddie and we were in front of the chalkboard once again.

I was hoping to be higher on the pyramid because I got second in the teen division.

"This weekend we were in Providence, Rhode Island," Miss. Abby said, "An hour outside of Boston. Some of the most prestigious dance studios in the country are there. Tough schools, though competitors. And you really held your own. You won that victory cup. You killed it. I'm very proud."

We all clapped after Miss. Abby said that.

"I'm very proud of every one of you," Miss. Abby continued, "And you know I don't say that too often. I'm also very proud that all the moms kept their mouths shut and didn't say anything to me. See how much niver it is when everything goes so smoothly? It's wonderful. Now if only the moms could learn to be team players like their daughters, then we'd be in business."

We all know who Miss. Abby was talking about. She was talking about what happened with Cathy and Kelly. I still can't believe that she did when Brooke had three numbers before she went on.

"Now let's talk about this week's competition," Miss. Abby says as she turns around the chalkboard, "We are going to... What?"

"StarPower!" We all say together.

The pyramid looked a lot different today. There were five people in the middle row instead of three and only two on the bottom. I was happy to see that I was still second on the pyramid.

Maddie

Monica Chloe Brooke Paige Nia

Mackenzie Vivi-Anne

"It's at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut," Miss. Abby continued, "And it's a resort. It's all self-contained. We can't forget anything. So we will have a wardrobe for each day that they are going to be there. Just like the old school days. Yes? And you will pack here in front of me, so that I know that you have everything."

Then Miss. Abby turned to the chalkboard, "Let's talk about the board. First of all, everybody works together as a team. That teamwork is going to help you at nationals. That's what's going to put you over the top. Teamwork and technique. Those are the two things that we're going to concentrate on this week. Moms-- We're doing another new number."

We all cheered but the moms didn't look too happy.

"One more costume. This week I'm going to ask you to work harder than you've ever worked before. We need to show up and walk in there like we own the place. I will give a pack list for clothes for the trip. And I want them dressed a certain way every single day that we are there. Does everyone understand that? Yes? Mom, thank you very much. Ladies, up. Let's go."

We started to work after pyramid. We practiced our technique after a couple of minutes before starting on the choreography for our new routine.

After rehearsal, I went to my ballet class like I did everyday but half-way through the class, Miss. Abby called me out.

"Yes, Miss. Abby," I say.

"I just want to say that I was really proud of you this weekend, you got second place in the 12-14 division. I wanted to tell you that I want you to take more technique and ballet classes so you don't lose those perfect feet," Miss. Abby tells me.

"Ok, Miss. Abby."

"I talked to your mom and you're going to have a ballet class three times a week now and I am going to have a private with you every week so you can start moving into pointe shoes.