Worst Birthday Party Ever!

"Chop, chop, chop, chop!" We all cheered as we walked into the room.

"Come on," Miss. Abby said, waving to the mothers, "Chop, chop. Chop, chop, moms. Get in here."

Miss. Abby smiled at us proudly, "I wouldn't say it was a brilliant weekend, but I would say it was a successful weekend. We set out to bet Cathy, the Wicked Witch of the West, and that's what we did. We beat her, hands down in every single category. You knocked the apple tree down."

"With that said, I want to get to the pyramid quickly, because we have tons of work to do," Miss. Abby said before turning to the pyramid, "On the bottom of the pyramid is Paige. You beat Kendall. I'm thrilled about that. You made the top ten, but you need to do the choreography you were taught. You got that, Kelly? You don't change Abby Lee's choreography. Come on."

"Moving on, Mackenzie. You're greatly improved. But if you're gonna be in the dance, and you're gonna know the choreography, you have to pull your weight. Understood," Miss. Abby said to my little sister, who gave a light nod. Miss. Abby turned back to the pyramid, "Next.... Brooke. You are off probation."

Me and the girls immediately hugged Brooke, excited that she is finally off of probation.

"Moving up the ladder, Nia," Miss. Abby continued, "You have really matured. Less than six months ago, you were sitting on your dad's lap in the dressing room bawling your eyeballs out. I don't ever want to see that again. That little kid is gone. Moving on, Maddie. You had a big victory last week; all you had to worry about was the group dance. You were excellent. You were right on time with the music, and I'm proud of you."

"Next, we have Chloe," Miss. Abby said, revealing the blonde's headshot, "My Angry Bird. Chloe, you won the costume award for the entire competition, and you made the top ten. Congratulations. I am very proud of you. I think you could've had a lot more confidence when you started the dance, but when you finished, you certainly made up for it."

"And on top of the pyramid, Monica," Miss. Abby revealed, a smile immediately coming onto my face, "You battled back from an injury, won a ton of competition, and through the weeks you are becoming more of a leader and a better dancer. I am very proud."

Chloe gave me a light hug, and I could see that my mom was grinning from ear to ear. I don't remember the last time I was on top of the pyramid, but the feeling of being the best is refreshing.

Monica

Chloe Maddie

Nia Brooke Mackenzie Paige

"Moving on. This week, we will be attending Starbound Talent Competition in Atlanta, Georgia," Miss. Abby said, we all clapped lightly, "We're gonna go to sunny skies and hot weather. Moms, I might even sit on the veranda and have a mint julep with you."

"Oh!" Kelly said with surprise and sarcastic, "Oh, aren't we lucky?"

"Lucky us!"

The moms laughed lightly, and I even cracked a light smile.

"The last time we attended Starbound," Miss. Abby continued, "you lost by 1/10 of a point to that Wicked Witch of the West, and I have never lived it down until this weekend. The behavior of Cathy was out of control. The whole competition was a fiasco. That's not gonna happen this time. Do you understand?"

"All the numbers that we're gonna do are gonna be off the charts," Miss. Abby tells us, "All right. Chloe, you have a solo this week. You will be doing a routine called, "Trouble." You need to learn to use the entire stage. You need to jump higher than you've ever jumped. I want to see you larger than life on stage."