Lets Not Think About the Past

*4 weeks later*

I was able to dance after four weeks of rest.

I couldn't be more excited when the doctor told me the news, I was going to be back onstage with my team and I was able to dance again.

The last couple weeks have been boring because I've had to sit on the sidelines and watch everyone else dance. But the drama has really gotten crazy even since I stopped dancing. There has been stuff going on between Miss. Abby and Kelly. Maddie forgot her solo and then when she did again the music skipped. And a lot of other stuff.

But I wasn't going to think about the past. I was ready for this week and I was super excited.

Miss. Abby yelled and clapped her hands as we walked into Studio A, ready for the week to begin.

"Finally, overall high score junior group groups!" Miss. Abby said excitedly, "Let's move onto the pyramid. First we have Brooke. Probation. No solo this week. Paige. Same thing. Brooke, Paige, you didn't do the routines. Nobody got to see them."

"They didn't not do their solos because they weren't prepared," Kelly tells our dance teacher, "They didn't do their solos because of unfair treatment."

"Well, regardless, it doesn't matter," Miss. Abby said before she revealed Chloe's headshot, "Chloe. Last Monday, you went to the doctor, then you went to the movies. That's ridiculous. You need to be in class, not at the movie theater. Mackenzie... did a great job. But it still wasn't your best. You need to be in more ballet classes. Nia. You're here because you worked very well with Mackenzie. I gave you a role, you were the ringmaster in a circus. Some may say it's a little immature for you, but I love the fact that you embraced it, that you had fun with it, and that you were entertaining to the audience."

"Now Monica... welcome back," Miss. Abby said with a smile, "You battled your way through an injury and now you are able to dance again. Let's see how you do before I say anything else."

Miss. Abby sighs and says, "At the top of the pyramid, we have Maddie. You stepped out onstage, you started your routine, and your music skipped. You didn't let it get the best of you, you stayed out, kept going, and finished without missing a beat. You really had the audience behind you. So I don't know what happened with the CD. It was just scratched. But... we need to move on."

Maddie

Monica Nia

Mackenzie Chloe Paige Brooke

"Now this week we will be attending the Energy Dance Competition again," Miss. Abby tells us, "It's in Waterford Township, Michigan. Last week, when I called to enter the routines, Gina, the owner, told me there are two studios specifically coming to beat the Abby Lee Dance Company. Let's talk about numbers. It's called "Silver Spoon. "Silver meaning the finest quality flatware. Meaning the luxuries of life. The country club, uh... the finest schools. So this is a pretty dance. We also have a prop. We have a big, giant spoon. And you pass the spoon around throughout the routine."

I found myself feeling somewhat excited to be doing a pretty dance this week. I knew it was because I just wanted to dance again since it felt like years since I have.

"I want to talk about the rest of the numbers for this week," Miss. Abby continued, "Maddie... You and Chloe will be doing a duet. It's called "Inside of Me." And you need to work together. You need to be a team. I want to see that teamwork once again. Understood? Nia. You're going to have a solo this week. It is called "Bound." It means... you are being held back, while you're trying to chase your dream."

"Mackenzie..." Miss. Abby said, looking at my little sister, "you're doing a solo. Your dance is called "Daisy Chain." You're like a flower, and you're thinking, "He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not." And it's not Justin Bieber, it's the judges. Understood?"