Miami Heat Wave

*Skipping Episode 9*

I heard Miss. Abby yelling from the Dance Den so that was our queue to walk into Studio A.

We all got in a line in front of Miss. Abby like we always did, then waited for her to start pyramid.

"Last week's competition, "Fire and Ice," was a big disappointment, ladies," Miss. Abby says, "I mean, here we are invited back as winners, and you guys don't even place? Not acceptable. Seven of you weren't in unison. The group needs to be cleaner. Do you understand?"

Everyone nodded, not wanting to think about last week's competition anymore.

"All right, now let me get right to the pyramid. First I have Mackenzie, I think your acting could have been bigger and longer. And I think when you walk, we need to work on turning those feet out. Next I have Paige. I was in the dressing room all day long with you. I didn't see you utilizing your spare time. And you need to do that," Miss. Abby says.

"Next, Nia," Miss. Abby continues, "I just need to see more from you. Next we have Monica, I have nothing good or bad to say about you. You were just in the middle of the road. Moving on, Chloe. Chloe, I thought you did a nice job with your solo, but your age is ten. You're competing ten to twelve. You have to dance like a 12-year old."

"And next we have Brooke," Miss. Abby says, "Once again, you danced 13 to 15. At 13, you won the whole division. And on the top of the pyramid is Maddie. Maddie, I challenged you to see if you could stay there for two weeks in a row, and you did. Now I'm challenging you again. Can you make it three?"

Maddie

Brooke Chloe

Monica Paige Nia Mackenzie

"All right, now, this weekend we will be traveling to Miami Beach, Florida!"

Everyone cheered, we were going someplace warm!

"There's sun, there's sand, and there's pool boys," Miss. Abby says, grinning from ear to ear, "We will all be performing a group number."

"Even me?" Kenzie asked, grinning.

"Even you."

"Yay."

"The group number is called "Reputation." I want you to think of Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon in Beach Blanket Bingo. Now, moms, when these girls go home tonight, I want you to look at some of those old movies. I want the girls to see what that's all about because that's gonna be their group number. It's 60's, it's a pony, it's swim, cute, cute, cute. Fun in the sun."

Me and girls started pretending to swim and doing other dance moves which made the moms crack a smile.

"This week, Maddie, you have another solo. Chloe, you also will be doing a solo. Monica, I gave you the last two weeks off but you will be doing a solo this weekend. My last soloist will be Nia. We also have a trio with Maddie, Chloe, and Paige and a duet with Brooke and Monica."

Me and Brooke hugged, excited to be doing another duet together.

I looked over to see Paige raise her hand.

"Yes?"

"I just want to let you know that I have to get my warts cut off my foot tomorrow," Paige tells our dance teacher.

Miss. Abby was silent as Kelly said, "They said she should be able to dance in three days, so we'll be cutting it close."

"But I don't want to put her in a trio, and then have her physically in pain while she's learning it."