The Plush Bee

Tony Stark is a man of many talents. Inventing and being the best-goddamned tech support to exist is what he is best known for. There are however other hobbies that many do not even assume he could be remotely talented in. one such skill is crochet and knitting.

As a small child, not yet fully corrupted by his father's expectations, Tony would spend his early afternoons with the maids and Jarvis' wife. Sometimes when Howard was extremely busy and wouldn't be coming home until late, Tony's mother would join them and not worry to lookout for Howard.

The women would gather around one of the more desolate rooms and light the fireplace. There would be a basket filled with different types of yarn and needles and that time of day would be the most enjoyable for Tony.

Years later, Tony still kept up the skill. He's pretty damn good at it if he does say so himself. So good that he can crochet while watching TV.

Which is how the team finds him when they arrive at the communal living room for the scheduled team bonding session.

"What's up, guy?." He greets them when he realizes they're staring at him.

Clint throws himself into the seat that isn't currently occupied with an outrageous amount of yarn. "Hey, Stark. Whatcha doin'?

Tony takes his eyes off the screen and looks at the man next to him. "I'm making the kid a bee."

There's shuffling around the room as the rest of the team settles into the couches and the floor.

"A bee?" Natasha's voice pulled his attention away from Clint onto her.

"Yeah," Tony lifts his arms and shoes her the half crochet bee. "My kid's been telling me about how he's having trouble sleeping alone and that he's 'too old to be cuddled, Mr Stark.' He let's be, of course, but then I think about when he's with May and she doesn't have an A.I. to tell her when he can't sleep."

As he spoke he continued crocheting with no difficulties.

Sam was the next to speak. He sat on the floor near Nat and next to Bucky, who was slightly letting himself lean into Sam. "So, your solution is to make a knitted bee?"

"Crocheted." Bucky corrected.

"Same difference," Sam argues.

"No, it's not." The POW frowns.

"Barnes' is right, it's not. Anyway, yeah my solution was to make him a giant ass crocheted bee."

"My ma used to knit Buck and I stuff when we were younger." Steve contributes.

Bucky smiles, a faraway look in his eyes. "Remember when she spent three days making that large blanket."

Steve blushes. "Yeah, I remember a bit too well." He turns to the rest of the team before continuing. "She made me, and Bucky sit lay on the floor to make sure while she knitted the blanket. Wanted the blanket to be large enough that it would cover us both twice over. Since we were about 8 years old, we got a bit, uh, restless and she well..."

Bucky laughs. "She said that if we don't sit still till she's done she'll make sure that the next time the window of Mrs Harkiff's apartment breaks she will make sure the old lady knows who it was that did it." He shot Steve a glare. "Not that it was fair, Stevie was the one who broke the window."

"Oh come off it already." Steve rolls his eyes, the rede in his face not leaving. "You broke the window last time."

Bucky makes a choked sound before arguing. "Don't press the blame on me, Stevie. You broke that window three times before I did. Even then it was cause someone just had to run in front of it while we played kick the can with a damn paint can."