5 Times the Avenger Caught Tony Singing + 1 Tony Sings openly Part 1

I feel really bad about not posting, but I sprained my ankle and was busy with college stuff. I'll probably post another chapter after this one.

Peter had left the lab 10 minutes ago to go home. Now, Tony was used to working alone. He's done it for years but after spending time with the kid he always felt a bit lonely.

Usually, once the kid leaves he would clean up and go do something else. But he really wanted to finish the upgrades to the Widow Bites. He was so close to finishing just an hour or two more and he'd be done.

"J."

"Sir?"

"Put one Peter's playlist. The one he plays when he's being quiet."

"Of course sir. Do you have a preference between 3 a.m. Depression or The Feels Hurt?"

Tony paused his tinkering in confusion. "Whichever one is most similar to my normal music. And um remind me to talk with the kid tomorrow when he comes back from school."

"Noted. Now playing The Feels Hurt."

Tony just shook his head and continued working. He'd talk to Peter about this regardless. Maybe convince him to talk to him when he's having a bad day.

After a bit, Tony began to subconsciously hum to the songs. They weren't bad. He hadn't heard some of them in a few years since he usually stuck to his classic rock.

Wonderwall began to play, and that's when Tony actually began to sing along to the chorus. Then came Nothing Else Matters and he sang along to that. Then some type of screamo started playing which, if he was being honest with himself, he was not prepared for what so ever.

"Jarvis, how 'bout we skip the screaming songs. I don't need a heart attack."

"Most understandable sir."

Meanwhile in the vents

"Man, I gotta do some cleaning in here." Clint shimmied himself down the vents.

Now, why is he in the vents near Tony's lab? Well, Clint just really couldn't help himself today.

"Don't go near the Lab, Birdbrain. Pfft, what's the worse that could happen?" Clint pauses. "Okay, the electric gate was so unnecessary. I put it there for the sake of my privacy. Who's gonna invade your privacy Stark? Okay maybe this isn't the best example but still."

Underneath his hands, Clint could feel the vibrations of music playing. He could also see an opening gate to the vent. "Oh thank Thor's dad. I thought I was gonna be stuck here forever."

"Jarvis, how 'bout we skip the screaming songs. I don't need a heart attack."

'Old man.' Clint laughed to himself.

"Most understandable sir."

The soft sounds of a guitar and drum fill the room. It sounded familiar to Clint but he couldn't put his finger on it. Apparently, that wasn't the case for Tony cause he laughed and asked Jarvis to turn it up even more.

"I haven't heard this song since I was in my 20's. Radiohead, huh? The kid has some form of taste I guess."

Then Tony did something CLint never thought he would ever hear the man do. Once the vocals began, he sang along.

"When you were here before

Couldn't look you in the eye

You're just like an angel

Your skin makes me cry"

Now, Clint would have taken this opportunity to make fun the man. He really would. The thing is that he was actually really good. Like really really good.

"You float like a feather

In a beautiful world

I wish I was special

You're so fuckin' special"

Man, he was so soulful. Who knew Stark had it in him.

"But I'm a creep

I'm a weirdo

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts

I wanna have control

I want a perfect body

I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice

When I'm not around

You're so fuckin' special

I wish I was special"

Okay so maybe a tear or two escaped his eyes, but could anyone blame him?

"Sir," Jarvis lowered the volume slightly. "It appears you have a call from Ms Potts."

"Crap, what time is it? No, don't patch her through just tell her I'm in the car on my way to whatever event I'm supposed to go to." Tony's anxious voice helped compose the bird hero.

"Certainly sir. She says if you aren't there in 10 minutes to give the speech-"

"Shit, I forgot about that too. Jarvis start the car. If we cut through the roads I think we could make it. God. I'm so happy I leave extra clothes in the trunk for these exact reasons." His voice got further away. "Oh remember to turn on the security J."

A soft hum made its way through the vents as the door to the lab closed.

'Oh fuck.' Clint thought as he realised he was now stuck for however long it will take for Tony to get back.