Beautiful Colours

It started when Tony was in the kitchen and humming before he even had his first cup of coffee. Steve and Bruce were sitting at the dining table and simply staring at the man in confusion. Normally, the inventor couldn't even open his eyes fully at this time of day much less be happily pouring caffeine in his favourite mug.

Bruce leaned into Steve's space. "You think Justin Hammer died?"

Steve, who was eating toast, choked a bit before snorting. "I thought Pepper said he was like a roach? If he died I don't think Tony would even be here. He'd go on vacation with Pepper somewhere for a week."

Tony sat across from Bruce and sipped his coffee leisurely before answering his second favourite blonde. "You're thinking too small, my dear Captain. If Hammer died I would be getting high with Rhoadey and spending the rest of the year in my volcano house in Hawaii with Pep."

The brunette sighed dreamily at the thought.

Natasha came into the room just as Tony finished speaking. As she put waffles into the toaster the spy asked, "Volcano house?"

"No one would find me in a volcano if I wanted to disappear for a bit," Tony said. "Well, except you guys. I guess I'll just go to a different house."

The sound of waffles popping out of the toaster must have been a call for birds because Sam and Clint entered the kitchen together just as it went off.

The window near the ceiling and close to the table opened. F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s omnipresent voice announced, "Boss, Mr Parker's ETA is five minutes. Karen has informed me that Peter is bringing face paint and glitter."

Downing the rest of the coffee, his only cup of coffee, he stood and stretched. "Good, maybe I can get into Pep's nail polish before we have to go."

Now, if his good mood wasn't what got everyone's attention then Tony's comment about nail polish definitely did. Why did Tony want nail polish? How come Peter was bringing face paint? What was the glitter for!? Why was the kid coming over so early on a Sunday!?

Say the devil's name and he may appear, apparently it works with teenagers too. Peter crawled in from the window and sat on the ceiling as he took off his mask.

"Kid, I better not see any footprints up there." A semi-serious tone took over the mentor's voice.

Peter flipped down onto the ground and approach the hero before bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet. "It was one-time Mr Stark. Anyway, I brought my backpack and have all the stuff we need. I even got myself a tutu! Well, I borrowed it from MJ since she's going to wear a jumpsuit."

Tony couldn't help but laugh at the boy's excitement. All the while, the rest of the heroes were trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. How the hell was Tony so awake and where were the two geniuses going that required the boy to wear a tutu.

Clint, who was half awake and so beyond confused, had enough. "Why would you wear a tutu?"

Tony answered for the teen, his tone protective. "Well, what should he wear? He'll have shorts underneath so what should it matter if he's in a skirt?"

"I think he just meant where are you two going that face paint, a tutu and nail polish are needed?" Bruce said carefully.

"Oh," Peter's face filled with understanding. "I get it now. Mr Stark didn't tell you that he's taking me to the parade! Oh, that makes so much sense. I was hoping Mr Barton wasn't a homophobe or it would make things so awkward."

Sam snorted his coffee at the homophobe comment. "Kid, Clint wore Narasha's suit for the S.H.I.E.L.D. Halloween party and kissed one of Tony's male employees when he was under a mistletoe last year. I don't think Barton could judge if he wanted."