Should've left

So I'm fully aware the Rouges are OC in this one but whatever. Also just finished watching AOU and CW so I'm salty.

Tony should've left. He should have just ditched this meeting when he had the chance. He could say he was sleeping in late and decided not to go. It wouldn't be the first time so it wouldn't be weird. He couldn't though. Fury would have his ass if he ditched this meeting. The Rogues had returned a few days ago and were staying at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters.

If Tony didn't know that there were too many missions at once that he couldn't handle he wouldn't even think about bringing them back to the States. Even if he brought the kid with him (he wouldn't, May would kill him if Peter got hurt while he was there to watch him) it would still be too many.

So now, here he was, sitting in the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s meeting room waiting for the Rogues to arrive with Fury. They were going to stay with him, in his tower, his home. After what Rogers did to him, they want them to stay with him. He agreed, of course, he did. Tony had enough problems with Ross trying to interfere with the Accords revising.

He should've brought Peter. The kid was always able to calm him down with his ramblings. Maybe he could send him a quick text. Yeah, that should be good enough to calm him down a bit. The meeting had started almost 10 minutes ago and no one was showing up, he could take the risk.

Hey Kid, just checking up on you

Okay, now he had to wait for the kid to an-

Mr Stark
Whats up?
Im good just got out of school and was going to go to Demar's.
Do you want me in the lab right now?????

Jeez, the kid answers fast. Types fast too. Tony smiled.

Demar's huh? Grab me a sandwich would ya?
I'm not at the tower right now but I'll be back around 4.

Ok...
You okay Mr Stark?

Tony reread his message. He didn't see anything wrong with what he sent. Why does the kid think he wasn't okay? He wasn't but he didn't want his kid to know that.

What do you mean kid? Nothing's wrong with me

His phone started to ring and a picture of Peter in one of Tony's old M.I.T. sweaters on the couch and covered in popcorn was now covering his phone screen. He answers and the voice of his kid travels from his phone."

Mr Stark, WHAT'S WRONG?" Peter almost screamed in concern.Tony winced, he likes his kid but he must have inherited May's lungs. Maybe it was just an Italian thing. He remembers his mom yelling at Howard so much that Howard would submit to her just so she'd stop.

"Pete, calm down." He got off the seat and walked towards the windows. "I'm just at S.H.I.E.L.D., got a meeting with Fury and you know how he likes to monologue for a while. I'm just not looking forward to it."He could hear Peter's sigh.

"Mr Stark, you and I both know that that isn't why. You would be bugging and nagging about it for days if that was the reason. Now, I'm going to ask you one more time before I call Ms Potts, what is going on?"

"Have you been spending time with Pepper again? You're starting to sound like her... Good." Tony's smile widened. Pepper loves the kid so much. If Tony wasn't at the tower when Peter arrived, he would go to Pepper and shadow her around. She was basically grooming him for the position of CEO and the kid didn't even realise it. Tony wouldn't have either if he hadn't tracked them down at one point. He found them in Pepper's office. Peter was looking at some graphs and employee records on an enlarged hologram, facing away from the door. He was asking questions on employee credentials and S.I. demographics and Pepper answered them patiently. Tony just leaned against the door frame watching them, a warm feeling filling him to the brim of his being. He stood there for almost an hour before they realised.