Life Lessons and Ice Cream

He couldn't help it, the over-flowing laughter that is. Peter's red scowling face didn't help. The poor kid looked like Tony showed his baby pictures in front of the Avengers, and Tony would know because he did that just two weeks ago.

"Stop laughing!" Oh Bohr, the voice cracks. Tony can't with this kid; his entire body was shaking at this point.

"Tony!" The teen whined. The man was slumped over the couch crying and wheezing. "Help me fix this!"

Tony couldn't breathe. This was just too much for him. His laughter had become that full-body silent kind, the type that was somewhat painful because breathing became too hard, but he couldn't stop it mostly because Peter had begun wrapping his face in a neon green scarf that clashed horribly with his red face.

The teen grabbed the scarf and pulled it above his nose. "I knew I should've just gone to Pepper. Even Happy would've been better than this!"

The mechanic took a loud heavy needed gulp of air and closed his eyes to compose himself. "No, he wouldn't." Another bout of laughter threatened to escape him. "He'd take one look at you and call Rhodey so he could see for himself."

Peter made a helpless whimper that had a giggle escape the older man.

Grabbing the water bottle that had fallen when Peter had revealed his 'problem', Tony took a long gulp of water. "Oh kiddo, come here." He said with his arms stretched out.

The boy shuffled his feet towards his mentor and snuggled into the protective arms. 

"So, when did this even happen?" The man tightened his arms for a moment before letting go of the teen. "I literally saw you two days ago and you had a babyface. Now you're all..."

Peter let out a mortified groan. "I look like a hobo!"

"You don't look like a hobo." Tony bit the inside of his cheeks to keep the laughter from escaping.

"I look like, like," Peter had tears prickling on the edge of his eyes and voice pitching higher. "Like Michael Cera when he was trying to grow a beard!" The despair in his voice was followed by the tears bursting from his eyes.

"It's," Tony hesitated for a moment. "Not that bad..."

"And now you're lying to me!" The angsty teen exclaimed.

"No, I'm not." Tony gave waved off Peter's observation. "Let me see again. It wasn't that bad; I just wasn't able to process it."

Peter paused before slowly pulling down the scarf from his face and... Oh, he did look like Michael Cera. Tony bit his tongue to keep from laughing again. Poor kid really was going through it today. 

Tony cleared his throat. "It's not too bad." 

He's a liar. 

It was terrible.

Peter looked at Tony with hopeful eyes. "Really?" 

No. "Yeah, kiddo. Everyone starts off a bit rough." Tony actually didn't. His facial hair came in a bit late into his early 20's but when it made its appearance it was attractive according to the media. "You'll grow into it eventually." Peter probably won't but he won't discourage the kid's sense of self-expression if he decided to let it grow. 

"But I don't want it!" 

Thank you, Odin. Peter would probably get bullied for his facial hair. "Why don't you just shave it?"

The teen played with his fingers for a while before responding. "I don't know how."

That made sense.