Twin Catastrophe 4: The Twin's Promise (Prologue)

TWIN CATASTROPHE 4: Twins promise

___________________________________________

One late afternoon at a private room in a hospital

"Promise me you'll take care of them" my brother said

"I will, don't worry" I told my brother

"I'm counting on you" my brother said as the door opened

We both looked at the woman entering the room.

"Hollen" my brother called

Hollen looked at us, "You really do look like each other" she said

"This is my twin sister; she'll be me when I die"

Hollen looked at me "I'm sorry if we involved you"

"It's fine. I owe my brother a lot of things"

"Then I thanked you in advanced" Hollen said

My brother is dying, he's on stage four of cancer and we're just waiting for him to rest. He was a good brother, because of him I won't able to reach my dream. We're three when we lost our father and 14 when we lost our mother. Our grandmother took care of us after that. We're poor. We don't have enough money for both of us to finish high school so my brother sacrifice for me. He works to earn money for my education. When I finished high school, a prestigious university in England sent me scholarship for college. Although I wanted to stay home and help my brother, he then again sacrificed. He pursued me to take the scholarship. I was in second year of college when grandma died, a few months later, I lost contact with him. I never heard anything about him after that. I tried to find him but unsuccessful. I graduated in my course with flying colors, worked in a known company and earned a lot and then after seven years that I don't heard of my him, a letter came to my house, saying he needed my help. So I flew back to my own country and when I saw him, he was already fighting for cancer but it wasn't his sickness that he wanted my help. It was for another reason, Hollen.

Hollen is the daughter of the president and CEO of a well known car company and my brother was her husband. Hollen's family is not in favor of my brother because of his status but they can't erase him because Hollen's four months pregnant with my brother's baby. Three months ago, her grandfather died and was given a large part of wealth for one condition; that my brother should be with her until their child reaches seven years old or her part will be then donated to charity. This is why my brother needed me, so that Hollen could get her will. I know this is selfishness but I owe everything to him. No one in Hollen's family knew about my existence, that my brother has a twin. Although I am a woman, it can be kept. I only need to pretend seven years and then I'll be free again.

"Sister" my brother called. He wanted to whisper something to me so I leaned forward to him "Don't let her cry and always be good to her. If she's wrong, she's right. I love her" he whispers

I really don't know what my brother found in Hollen but then I guess this is what love is. I smiled "Alright" I said

"Then... thank you..." he said

A week later, my brother died.

We held a secret funeral for him and after that, live the way he lives.

"Let's go home" I said as I looked at Hollen, hold her hands and walks off.

Today forward, I am Zhan Anniston, a man, a husband and a father to be.