Chapter 39

Hunter x Hunter : Episode 38

REPLY X FROM X DAD

Morning rays shined down to the tired pink headed teen who refused to get out of bed. But he knew that he had chores to do since he was in the house of Mito's. With a heavy sigh, the teenager got off his bed and made his way to the bathroom to freshen up. Once he was done and changed for the day, Saiki went downstairs and saw Mito placing down a small box on the table.

"What's this?" asked Gon, visible confusion written on his face

"Something Ging left with me" answered Mito

"Huh?"

"He asked me to give this to you when you became a Hunter"

"Dad left this for me?" quirked Gon as he gently picked up the small object and made his way up, pausing to see Saiki looking down on him.

"Oh, good morning Saiki-nii !" Greeted Gon as he bowed a bit, Saiki nodding his head.

"Ku-kun, can you help me with the laundry please" asked Mito politely, gesturing the older teen to come forward.

'Of course, go on ahead Gon' answered Saiki as he followed the adult out of the house.

REPLY X FROM X DAD

As the two younger children listen to the recorder, Saiki and Mito were out in the sunny day, hanging up the laundry.

"Saiki, I know you are upset about not knowing what happened to Gon's real parents, but I promise you, you don't have to worry about it. Gon will tell you once he is done listening to the recorder I gave him" smiled Mito as she gently holds the green jacket of the said child.

'I know, I am not to anxious about it' sighed Saiki as he felt a gush of wind stir around them.

'Oh? So he doesn't want to know anything about his mother, that's understandable....' thought Saiki as he looked at the opened window of Gon's room then back to Mito who just hanged up the last piece of fabric to dry and is ready to head back inside.

As the two of them go back into the house, the two children were having problems trying to stop a Nen filled recorder to stop. But alas, the two could not do anything about it. They have tried pressing buttons, unplugging the recorder and even tried to break it, but the Nen around the recorder was protecting it. In the end, everything that held the truth were erased from the recorder. Once the damage was done, the two tried to play the recorder again, just to see if everything was actually gone.

"The duplicate tape was also erased" informed Killua as he took out the tape from the recorder.

"Why would he go to all this trouble?"

'I'm guessing, to not leave any clues' came the subtle voice of the oldest child in the household. Surprised by the sudden intrusion in their minds, the two children looked at the doorway to see Saiki leaning on the door frame.

"Ah, Saiki-nii, you scared us" smiled Gon as he greeted the older one, Killua doing the same.

"So you have heard everything so far form the recorder?" questioned Gon as Saiki seated himself in between the him and Killua.

'Of course, nothing really escapes me from  hearing what I want or not want to hear' Saiki said as he silently laugh to himself seeing the two's reaction. Before anything else could be said, Gon suddenly remembered what Killua had said to him and quickly turned his head to the other, who was surprised.

"By the way, what did you mean by clues?"

"Ah, you can extract a lot of information from an audio clip" stated Killua, holding up the tape.