Chapter 23

In a blimp above, there is a slightly sulking young teen who was looking down below the city, gazing at its city lights. His eyes are blank, his usual smile was wiped from his face, his mind was drifting to another place. To a different day. A flash back.

"I'm from a family of assassins. So they're all assassins.  And the family has really high hopes for me... But I can't stand it. Who wants to have their life planned out for them?"

"Killua...." a soft mumble. A fry being stuffed to his mouth.

With a slight surprised face, Gon snapped from his long thought and looks at the source. Standing near the seated area were Leorio, Kurapika, and Saiki with food, well, mostly Leorio and Kurapika though. Saiki had his hands full with deserts instead.

"What's with the long face, Gon?" asked Leorio, trying to let the younger one lose a bit.

"We'll be in Republic of Padokea by morning. You'll see Killua soon enough" smiled Kurapika, trying to make Gon happy. Smiling at the three, Gon did a happy chomp on the fry before looking back out the window.

'We'll definitely take Killua back with us!' thought Gon with determination.

Letting a ghost smile go unnoticed on his face, Saiki shook his head and took a napkin out. When the slight rough texture of the tissue his the green headed teens face, he jolted a bit. With a small pout, Gon did a small glare to Saiki who shrugged his shoulders. Crumb. Sheepishly rubbing the back of hi head, Gon then noticed how much of the desert the older brought with him.  

"Your obsession of those will probably be your weakness one day" said Gon towards the eating pink teen.

'Too bad, it already is' said Saiki as he munched on a vanilla pudding.

_In a train_

Gon, Leorio, Kurapika, and Saiki have arrived in the Dentora region of the Republic of Padokea, where Killua lives. As the three looked out the window and feeling the breeze, Saiki was busy eating a snack that was provided to them, mostly the sweets. 

"There it is" 

Stopping of what he was doing, Saiki placed down the sweet and looked out the crowded window, luckily, it wasn't that tinted. Out in the distant, there was a mountain in all of it's eerie but amazing glory.

"The base for this family of assassins is on that mountain? It sure looks creepy..." said Leorio as he and the rest sat back down.

"Yes. Once we reach our destination, we should start gathering information" stated Kurapika.

"Okay"

_In a small town_

"Kukuroo Mountain? In that case, you should take the scenic mountain bus tour over there. The tour only runs once a day, but you'll have a guide to show you around"

_In the tour bus_

"Thank you for taking the Lamentation Tour today.  We will be visiting Kukuroo Mountain, home to the famous Zoldyck family of assassins"

"Look. They obviously aren't tourists" stated Leorio as he, Kurapika, and Saiki glanced at two older men who looked out of place, or they are out of place.

"Yes..." agreed Kurapika, Saiki just stared for a bit before looking back out the window.

"Please look to your right. That is Kukuroo Mountain, where the Zoldyck family lives. A forest surrounds the 3,722-meter mountain and the Zoldyck estate is somewhere on that mountain. But no one had ever actually seen it. The Zoldyck family includes ten members: a great-grandfather, grandfather....... "