Chapter 19

Ten applicants: Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, Saiki, Pokkle, Bodoro, Gittarackur, Hanzo, and Hisoka, head to the Final Phase, having passed the exams Fourth Phase. 

"Well gentlemen. Did you get plenty of rest? This hotel is owned by the Hunter Exam Selection Committee. The place is all yours until the battles have concluded. " informed Netero as he stood in front of all of the ten applicants who stood in one line.

As Netero talked, Saiki noticed nine unknown man dressed in black, lining up on the left side of the chairman and on the right, you have the examiner's from the previous phases. When Netero was informing them of the place they were in, a bored liked structure was rolled beside him, a sheet of cloth covering what is hidden beneath. (A/n: definitely didn't count or anything then added an extra one) 

"For the final phase, we will be holding a one-on-one tournament" explained Netero as he pulled off the sheet to revealed an organized fighting strategy, making the applicants eyes widen at it.

"So only the last person standing pass"

"No. One win is all you need to pass" said Netero as he lifted one finger up.

"One win?" questioned Gon as he looked up to Saiki then back towards the chairman.

"The, in this tournament..." stalled Leorio as he tried to look for an answer, but it may have seemed that he did.

"The winners are removed from competition, while the losers continue up the bracket. In other word the person who finishes at the top will not pass. Does everyone understand now?" explained Netero as well as asking as he eyed every one of the applicants in the room.

"So you are saying that only one person will fail" said Hanzo as he broke the word down a bit.

"Exactly, and here is the bracket. Impressive right?" said Netero as he pulled of a strip of duct tape from below the brackets to reveal who is going against who. 

As the applicants gazed upon the board, Gon had noticed something from the top of the brackets. It was small to anyone's keen of sight so no one was able to tell. But on the very top, the green headed teen can see a cut out tape, just right there.

"Chairman Netero, what is that at the very top?" asked Gon as he pointed towards the said item.

"Oh, I am surprised you can see that, my, you have also reminded me of that as well" chuckled Netero as he went ahead and pulled of the small tape.

"Eh/what/seriously!?"

"You see, I forgot to explain this, who ever is the last standing between the last battle, you will have to fight, #406" smiled Netero as he gestured his hand towards the slight wide eye pink teen.

'You got to be kidding me!'

"That also reminds me, your scores are classified"

As the shock faces of the applicants calmed down a bit. They all gaze back towards the chart to see their opponent. Gon vs. Hanzo, said ninja guy glanced at the young teen with a small smirked/smile. Kurapika vs. Hisoka, concerned eyes from his beloved friends and a glance towards the clown figure himself. 

"The battle rules are quite simple. Weapons are allowed. No cheating. If your opponent admits defeat, you win. However! If you kill your opponent, you will be immediately be disqualified. All the remaining applicants will pass, and the exam will end."

'Oh joy' thought Saiki as he glanced back back up towards his picture on the top.

_Skipping the talking/explanation in this part of the episode_